Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Lifts following Hip Replacement

• 14-01-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me. I had a total hip replacement last monday and was told beforehand by the Consultant that I would need a shoe lift after it because I am waiting on my other hip to be done and will be taller. The consultant told me that the nurses would tell me where to get this done. In the hospital the occupational therapists, physios and nurses couldnt suggest where to get it done. I have been told to get a 1 inch lift in my right shoe. I am finding it hard to do my exercises because of the leg length difference. I am living in West Wicklow so if anyone could suggest somewhere in Carlow/Kildare or dublin that could do this for me and that could alter runners as well, I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement