Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Mac's Rebranding?

• 14-01-2012 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that Supermac's new venture on Thomas Street - Paddy Mac's - has been rebranded to "Supermac's Diner"? It now includes a Quizno's and looks like they've removed the option of making your own burger and are instead offering a choice of pre-made burgers with different ingredients. I had a feeling that the place wasn't doing a lot of business so looks like they've decided it needed a change. Quizno's is a welcome addition, most of the Supermac's in Galway have a Quizno's inside as well. I liked going to Paddy Mac's after a night out, no scum or crowds in there and decent quality food for after midnight, hopefully it stays that way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

BESman wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Supermac's new venture on Thomas Street - Paddy Mac's - has been rebranded to "Supermac's Diner"? It now includes a Quizno's and looks like they've removed the option of making your own burger and are instead offering a choice of pre-made burgers with different ingredients. I had a feeling that the place wasn't doing a lot of business so looks like they've decided it needed a change. Quizno's is a welcome addition, most of the Supermac's in Galway have a Quizno's inside as well. I liked going to Paddy Mac's after a night out, no scum or crowds in there and decent quality food for after midnight, hopefully it stays that way.

Been like that for over a month now. Paddy macs and supermacs are run by the same company also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I ate in Paddy Mac's once, after a night on the beer. I found the food in there to be absolutely terrible and I'm not one bit surprised it didn't last long. Regular Supermacs food is nicer but I haven't tried the Supermac's Diner menu yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Diner is good. I've been in there twice in the last few weeks, was happy enough both times. It's decent for a fast food spot. Haven't tried the Quizno's menu yet, but a few of my friends are happy that they finally have a presence in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Limericks wrote: »
    Been like that for over a month now. Paddy macs and supermacs are run by the same company also.

Ya, its Supermacs...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The Diner is good. I've been in there twice in the last few weeks, was happy enough both times. It's decent for a fast food spot. Haven't tried the Quizno's menu yet, but a few of my friends are happy that they finally have a presence in the city.

They were up the road too a while back, never got in there, should do this time.

Anyone know if they open late?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CiaranMT wrote: »
    They were up the road too a while back, never got in there, should do this time.

I was there at 3:00 a.m. a few weeks ago. :o

Good man, that's what I like to hear :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

CiaranMT wrote: »

I was there at 3:00 a.m. a few weeks ago. :o

Was that when you and source threw chips at me? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

The make your own burger menu was lame! There was no real choice.

Its way better since they've done it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

FIRST: Because it's not Paddy Mac's anymore...

SECOND: That is probably why it is no longer Paddy Mac's...no crowds = not viable.

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    FIRST: Because it's not Paddy Mac's anymore...

SECOND: That is probably why it is no longer Paddy Mac's...no crowds = not viable.

Surely they would have just opened a Supermac's in the first place if thats the market they were targeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

What's the logic behind this 'Supermac's Diner' business. It's just another supermacs with some semi-fancy burgers?

slinky2000 wrote: »
    What's the logic behind this 'Supermac's Diner' business. It's just another supermacs with some semi-fancy burgers?

You've probably got it in one there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Paddy Macs was really nice. Dunno what your man is talking about saying that the food was terrible. But since they changed it, it has actually become nicer! Really nice food. Proper thick cut chips and the chicken tenders are savage! :D

Surely they would have just opened a Supermac's in the first place if thats the market they were targeting.

In what way is the Paddy Mac's market different to Supermac's? Both are fast food and it just turns out one is more popular than the other. This isn't rocket science.

RonMexico wrote: »
    In what way is the Paddy Mac's market different to Supermac's? Both are fast food and it just turns out one is more popular than the other. This isn't rocket science.

Paddy Mac's served a kind of "gourmet" fast food menu where you could make your own burger. It was slightly different to Supermac's. Probably why Pat McDonagh decided to put a different name over the door. You know, the kind of thing you do to distinguish one business from another. I would say they were looking for the kind of person that likes more choice than the regular fast food menu offers. So again, slight difference in market there. Every market can be segregated into distinct niche segments. But ya, it's fast food at the end of the day and it doesn't really matter because it still offers the "gourmet" burgers that you can't get in other Supermac's outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Paddy Mac's served a kind of "gourmet" fast food menu where you could make your own burger. It was slightly different to Supermac's. Probably why Pat McDonagh decided to put a different name over the door. You know, the kind of thing you do to distinguish one business from another. I would say they were looking for the kind of person that likes more choice than the regular fast food menu offers. So again, slight difference in market there. Every market can be segregated into distinct niche segments. But ya, it's fast food at the end of the day and it doesn't really matter because it still offers the "gourmet" burgers that you can't get in other Supermac's outlets.

I would say "Gourmet" is stretching it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

So question, the chips are they still the nice fresh chips or are they the same as supermacs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

So question, the chips are they still the nice fresh chips or are they the same as supermacs?

They are fresh cut chips

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Limericks wrote: »
    They are fresh cut chips

:):):) Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 no.10miller

Was there for lunch recently... LOVE quiznos's... just delicious just wish they had the full american menu!!!! Speed of service was ok, the guy in quiznos's.. am nearly 100% sure he was there when it was paddy macs.... was under extreme pressure (everybody seemed to be ordering quizno's) and seemed to be working in quiznos's by himself!!? Sat there and ate my lunch and i have to say, the asian man with glassses, wearing bright blue shirt was one of the most rudest people i have ever seen serving people, just turning around saying "what you want", couldn't tell anybody about the quizno's menu, whether it was the sandwiches r soup, and mixing up orders all over the place, (when i said this to my friend, she said that this manager (?) use to work in the other supermacs and is known for his horrible customer service) while the guy from quiznos's constantly apologising to people for the other guy.. he's better than i am because if i worked with him I'd just walk out!!! This guy seemed like a lovely guy, maybe 24, and worked harder than the other two staff that were working... maybe the place in understaffed but don't seem to cope very well when its busy.... all in all food is fantastic (long may quiznos stay) but service could do with speeding up and that asian guy gone.!!!! I certaintly won't be getting food if i see him working!!

I agree with you 100% on that. I posted about their terrible service in another thread.

Asian guy has no manners whatsoever and when it comes to the Quiznos menu it is mass confusion at the till.

Food is lovely but they badly need to sort out the staff. Starting with the manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I was never in there when it was Paddy Mac's but I was in there 2 weeks ago and I got one of their fancy burgers and chips. The burger wasn't nice at all but the chips are glorious! Proper spud! Still though, I know where I'll be heading tonight, to the proper Supermacs.

Advertisement