Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new people mid 20s

• 14-01-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all
    Anyone have any suggestions for meeting new people in Wicklow? What's some good clubs to join etc? I'm 24 and into anything fun. Just want to keep myself occupied on weekends and make new friends? I can travel abit to Carlow/ Kildare border areas if needs be. Any suggestions/questions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

It would probably be a good idea to get a sticky up with a list of all the resources in this area 'cos the same question comes up every once in a while.

I dunno if you are in Bray,Wicklow, Arklow orwhere OP???

Alot of the activity in wicklow revolves around the natural amenities we've got so there is quite a Hill walking community, as well as mountain running. Bray wheelers cycle all around the county, AFAIK they start out in Bray/Kilmacanogue, go down the N11 a bit and then split and do a bit of a loop around the hills. They cater for different levels and different groups go out on different days.

There's prob quite alot more outdoorsy stuff, canoueing, fishing, hunting, paintballing if you search it out online.

Theres a film club in Bray that meets to watcha screening once a month or so in the Harbour bar. They got a facebook page 'Kinotheka Bray' or something like that, and usually list their screenings on here.

Theres Bray coastcare group that meets to do a volunteering cleanup around Bray somewhere every once in a while. Usually at the Head or by the Dargle. Volunteering's always a way to meet people.

Plenty of Soccer & Gaa clubs in all the decent sized towns, aswell as astro games on weeknights that ocassionally need extra players. Some people stick post-its on notice-boards at kilcoole astro pitches by the running track there for example, looking to join in a game.

I think there's also a softball/baseball team operating somewhere, maybe from greystones buti thinki've seen them practicing in Bray too.

You'd need to get on the googlebox to get theactual links to these places. Whadd'ya think mods-get a sticky up and compile the links that arise in the first post? be a good resource for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

+1 on the sticky. I'm near baltinglass but I know everyone on the local soccer team that's why I'd like to travel a bit (!) to play and meet new people too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Good idea re sticky - is anyone volunteering to do some reach for it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Touch Rugby has just stated in Wicklow Rugby club its great and you don't need to have played Rugby before. If you need any more details just PM me

Friday nights is Touch Rugby night, from 19:00.
    Wicklow Rugby Club will be hosting social touch on Friday nights commencing 6th January 2012. We invite all members, friends & supporters to come down and enjoy a bit of a run around.
    The Ireland Touch Association will be holding a ‘start-up’ night on the 6th.
    Weather permitting, they will give a brief explanation of the rules and some basic touch techniques and skills after which we will divide up those in attendance into teams and play some games.
    Although the weather may be a bit cooler than the tag nights in the summer you can still come down and run off those winter blues……..and the excess consumed over the festive period.

Advertisement