Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Hey girls, good to see it's been busy here and you're all doing well.

Our EDD is 24 September. We've got our nappies (washable), changing table, sling and ergo carrier, mattress (no cot yet), and a reasonable supply of clothes, we probably won't buy anything more until after the baby is born.

We don't know whether baby is a boy or a girl, we've now decided we don't want to know until after the birth. We've got the names picked either way.

Hips are beginning to hurt a bit from time to time, but aside from that still feeling pretty good.

Baby is lying transverse, hopefully will turn to head down soon, still plenty of room but will get very uncomfortable if he or she stays transverse and make a normal birth problematic.

Emmab, best of luck on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Hi all haven't posted in a good while..EDD 11th sep.

Baby's been engaged for the last week..hopefully he stays that way. Still getting kicked like hell. My hips are still in bits from 10 weeks and getting worse and now got pelvic pressure and braxton hicks but I still love being pregnant :D

Just a quick question for anyone who might know did you get any more scans after the 20week one?
    The lady who done my 20 week one said no more scans now baby's healthy and growing normal. My friend keeps asking me when am I getting my next scan??...I keep telling her what doc's said but she keeps going but you need another? Can anyone shed some light?

Some places do an early scan and the 20 week scan. Some only do one or the other. Unless there are problems I've never heard of anyone having more than two scans in public care.

Why does your friend think you need another scan?

I got a 6 week 9 week and 20 week scan. And they had to pull out the retro scanner in an appointment as the doc couldn't get a constant heart beat (baby was wiggling/kicking to much for him, actually think it was the doc as when we went home he was even more giddy and I found it with our home one right away!!)

She just keeps on asking me maybe because she had more in her pregnancy idk but had me confused, as I always assumed after 20weeks it's a good sign if you don't need another scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Dolly, In Limerick the standard scans are at 12 and 30(ish) weeks. (I had to request an anomoly scan at 20 weeks.)

Maybe at one of your appointments closer to 30 weeks they might scan you then?

• Advertisement

Dolly, In Limerick the standard scans are at 12 and 30(ish) weeks. (I had to request an anomoly scan at 20 weeks.)

Maybe at one of your appointments closer to 30 weeks they might scan you then?

Yeah I've the G.P next week so going to ask in there what's the norm for UCHG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Hope all the September bumps are well!

I am barely able to function in work today with the tiredness - its overwhelming. I would give anything to be able to crawl into my lovely, cosy bed now! Have another four hours left here :(

I am not due until 30th September but I went two weeks early on my first and a week early on my second so hope the pattern is similar for this one. I have decided due to going early on the previous two and how hard I am finding it to stay awake in work that I will finish up at the beginning of September - so only 2 months to go in work :D It feels like a lifetime away but hope it will fly in.

Sleeping well at the moment, when the kids lets us. Find my appetite has really decreased over the past week or so and am madly craving ice cold milk all the time!

Baby is very active with no seemingly regular pattern so not sure if we will have a night owl on our hands like our daughter - hope not!

I see some of the ladies on the July thread have started popping out their babies! I am rather envious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

There's a deal on pigsback today for 3 Freedom Bras for €30, normally €82. I haven't tried them before but they look really comfy (good reviews too, unless you have really big boobs!). Anyone tried them? Think I'll give them a go.

Hi All,
    Emer don't know anything about thoses bras but they sound good. I have two triumph bras non wired and if I've been waerring them for a while I get itchy and sore under my boobs! so I'd try anything at this stage!

At the moment I think I have some form of symphysis pubis dysfunction. I can barely walk, have to go to hospital tomorrow for referral to physio! I cannot wait, some relief would be amazing! Sleeping is a real struggle. I went to the pool and did laps and laps of breaststorke, then read that that is not a good idea at all :eek:! No wonder I had to shuffle back to the car!

Anyone know how Emmab got on yesterday? I know she was hoping to be kept in so maybe no news is good news.

Baby decided to turn, head down I think, on Thursday. On Saturday some of the kicks and punches (in all the newfound space) were painful, poor Hubby got an awful fright first time I let out a yelp :o

We had a family bereavement last week and I totally overdid it helping with the arrangements. Totally shattered still. Just about managing to get through the working day. Trying to maximise sleep but easier said than done, as you all know.

Third trimester now! Exciting to see some of the July mammies already meeting their little ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Sorry for your loss Squiggler. Hope you get the chance to rest up

taxus - I suffer terribly from pelvic pain. I dont have what you have but I fully sympathise. Some days I can't even walk properly! And I also know what you mean about the bras

I bought some of bras off ebay for the evenings. They arent as supportive but my god, they are lovely and comfy. The whole look of letting my boobs rest on my bump is only reserved for the privacy of my home haha

Squig - I find myself going into the July thread to have a read everyday. Its so exciting and they have a lovely community in there

The tiredness is starting to creep up on me now again. When I do the early shift in work it's doable but the late shifts really take it out of me. I dont know how understanding my doc would be to help me explain this to my work. I will need some help with it soon and I cant see my direct supervisor or her bosses be anything other than completely apathetic to be honest

Emma - hope all is ok

Thanks Minty! With the rain last night I had a fairly disrupted night, but still feeling a bit better again today. Sorry to hear that the tiredness is starting to overtake you again. Any way you could arrange with work to only do early shifts? Could you make it a health and safety issue?

Baby has stayed turned, so no more transverse breach. Just wish we could figure out whether the upper end is the head or the butt, of course after hiccoughing it's little socks off for the last month there haven't been any since he or she turned! The kicks are all over to the left but that's no help as they would be either way since baby is lying with back to the right. Anyway, it's a relief not to feel like my stomach will tear down the middle when baby stretches :)

Less than 13 weeks to the EDD and I can't complete the Maternity Benefit Application because I am probably changing employers in the next few weeks. Plus we don't yet know wherre we will be giving birth! Nothing like a bit of uncertainty to keep things interesting.

Hope everyone else is keeping well!

We have been making a point of chatting each day with our 3 year old and 2 year old about the impending arrival and bless them, they are just that little bit too young to understand.

However, I was breaking my heart laughing this morning listening to them chatting in their room. Two year old decides to sing Happy Birthday to 3 year old and was promptly informed that it wasn't his birthday but that he would be getting a present from the baby in mummy's tummy soon. Two year old then informs him, that no, the baby is in daddy's tummy! At breakfast, I was assured by both that neither of them have a baby in their tummy!

I somehow think the prospect of a present from the baby is a lot more exciting than the idea of the baby itself!

Have people thought about names yet? We were very certain on the last two of the names we wanted but this time around there are a few contenders and I'm not certain about any of them. There is one ahead of the pack but I do have the odd wobble about it every now and then. Whatever we decide, we won't be telling anyone in order that they won't get a chance to stick their two cents in.

Oh Vel, that's too funny. Children are great. When my sister was pregnant with her second her (then 3 year old) eldest played at being a mommy by putting her faviourite teddy bear up her jumper, waddling around while pretending to throw up and then suddenly shouting "OUCH" and letting the "baby" fall out onto the the floor and then pretending to breastfeed. Used to have us all in stitches.

We have our names picked, for boy or girl, but like you keeping them very much to ourselves, nobody is going to argue when they're being introduced to the little person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I cannot pick a name at all hoping to find out sex first and then decide.

I have to laugh at my two year old he keeps coming up to me patting my belly and saying nice baby. I hope he thinks its still nice when it arrives :D. I am so wrecked the last few days. I ran out of iron tablets last week and i said i'd see how i would get on without them however think i better get meself to the chemist i'm hardly able to function today.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Squiggler wrote: »
    Anyone know how Emmab got on yesterday? I know she was hoping to be kept in so maybe no news is good news.
    MintyDoris wrote: »
    Emma - hope all is ok

Hi Girlies, thanks for checking in on me :) I got admitted on tuesday because my little baby boy weighed 700g and they would have admitted me at 500g. The enormity of the stay has dawned on me as one of the sonographers said I could be here for 10 weeks!!!! I am the rotunda 3 days now and cant imagine another 70!!!! I cant believe I was dying to finish up work :)

I am in the prelabour ward and I am sure I am driving all the other expectant mammies mad with my snoring - I am going to get the nasal strips to see if that will shut me up. There seem to be two types of labour here - you are either in complete agony or youre not. There doesn't seem to be much in between.

A word to the wise. Pack a couple of extra pillows into your hospital bag. The ones supplied here are very thin.

Great to hear from you emmab, I can't imagine spending from now till babs appears in hospital. Hopefully you'll find ways to keep yourself occupied and keep boredom at bay.

Keeping everything crossed for you and baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Ahh emmaB sorry to here they keeping you in but its always better to be safe than sorry, you are in the perfect place now for getting all the new mum tips to pass onto us:D with regards the snoring I seen an ad on telly for a snoring ring that you put on your little finger and "suspossed" to guarantee no snoring or money back?? I noted it as know I am a snorer myself and was going to get for my hospital bag so as not to annoy all the other mothers during my stay, take care of yourself

Brilliant news EmmaB - must have been the bacon and cabbage! I thought it was a good sign when you were craving that! :D

You are in the best place for you and babs Emmab. Hopefully the time goes fast, it will be worth it in the end:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Hi all,
    Sorry haven't been on in a while, was away on hols.

Good to hear you got admitted emmab, i know it's a long road if you're been kept in the whole time, but better safe than sorry. Glad to hear baby putting on weight too-great news! Fingers still crossed for you.

Supadupa - glad all is ok with you too.

Hard to believe some of us now in third trimester. Im doin alright bar having two uti's in the past three weeks. Have had two rounds of antibiotics. But if it's anything to go by the last pregnancy, i might be stuck with them til babs arrives. Dont like taking too many antib either, but then gotta get rid of infection suppose when they're there.

I'm gonna make a list here altogether of all our dates and we can keep track that way. If i've left anyone out, please add yourself!
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept
    Dollyb: 11th Sept
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept
    jeeney: 17th sept
    Emer_b: 21st sept
    emmabrighton: 24th sept
    squiggler: 24th sept
    elaney: 28th sept
    fran79: 30th sept
    Vel: 30th sept
    minty doris:??
    trishka: ??

take care everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

jeeney wrote: »
    Hi all,

Good to hear you got admitted emmab, i know it's a long road if you're been kept in the whole time, but better safe than sorry. Glad to hear baby putting on weight too-great news! Fingers still crossed for you.

Hard to believe some of us now in third trimester. Im doin alright bar having two uti's in the past three weeks. Have had two rounds of antibiotics. But if it's anything to go by the last pregnancy, i might be stuck with them til babs arrives. Dont like taking too many antib either, but then gotta get rid of infection suppose when they're there.

I'm gonna make a list here altogether of all our dates and we can keep track that way. If i've left anyone out, please add yourself!

take care everyone

Hope the UTIs leave you be now jeeney! Nothing more annoying than an infection.
    I'm sure docs woulfnt give you anything unsafe for baby.

Thanks for putting up the list. Going to add myself in :-)

Supadupa: 29th Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

jeeney wrote: »
    Hi all,

take care everyone

Queen of sheebs: 29th sept

Just added me in too. thanks. good luck emmab. hope the weeks fly by for u.

So we've got

Pretty cool! I thought I remembered that you and I had the same EDD emmab, think you might be having your baby first though. :D

Trishka: 15th September

Just added myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Thanks supadupa. Not feelin too bad now, so hope the last antib has done its job. Oh and sorry forgot ya in list, had meant to add u as had ur date written down! Great that others have added theirs too! Will be cool keeping track nearer time of everyone!

ahh girls got my 3d4d scan done in swords yesterday, it was so lovely, hubby and mam came with me and got colour and black and white fotos, fotos, more fotos on dvd and dvd of scan. The scanner was so lovely. Baba kept putting their hands up in front of their face so had to get poked and cough loads to get them to take their hands down, loads of sucking on hands/fingers, yawning and at one stage they had their feet up in front of face:D Scanner said she thought babs was about 3lb2 give or take an oz. I also had been advised at last public scan that placenta was low lying and would need addtional scan at 34 weeks but scanner yesterday thought placenta was moving up the front of my stomach so she felt that was a good sign it was moving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Trishka: 15th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept

Delighted for you re: your scan today Trishka, its lovely to see them

Thinking of you emma

Loads of movement this weekend. Its been keeping me awake though so between the bathroom trips and the lack of proper sleep, I am really tired.

Don’t really know what to think!

Went for routine check up with GP on Friday and she said she felt I was measuring slightly small for my dates, which is a bit of a worry as although this baby wasn’t planned I am certain on my dates. Anyway, she then listened in to the baby’s heart beat and it was going like the clappers, so she sent me straight into the hospital.

I saw one of the midwives first who looked at my file, had me hold my hand out in front of me and then said that as it had a slight shake and combined with the racing heart beat and extreme tiredness I've been eperiencing that I might have a thyroid problem

Waited ages to see the doctor and when I did it was a bit of a disaster! He had an awfully abrupt manner and a very strong accent, which combined with muttering made it very hard to understand him. He felt around, measured me and told me my measurements were fine. He then called the nurse in for some reason to listen to the baby’s heart while he watched. She felt around a bit and measured me and told me that I was measuring slightly small. They had a conversation, parts of which I could not hear as I couldn’t understand him and basically it was left that I was measuring fine as per his measurements. So, great, that’s two professionals telling me I’m small and one telling me I’m fine.

When the nurse listened in the baby was moving and again the heart rate was really raised. She listened for quite some time and once the baby stopped moving it settled down to normal. The doctor then proceeded to ask ME if I wanted to be admitted!! I said that I would prefer not to be but if it was necessary, then of course I would expect to be. He said I could if I wanted to but he was happy to let me go home! I also told him that I had been struggling to catch my breath lately and was extremely tired all the time but he just looked at my chart, said my iron levels were fine when bloods were taken in March and that I would be tested again when I am back in for another appointment in 3 weeks time. He asked had I been having any bleeding or pain and I told him I had been having Braxton Hicks for the last few weeks as per my previous pregnancies and he said that its too early for me to be having them (I’m 27 weeks) :confused:

He said they will likely do a detailed scan at that appointment in relation to the measurement issue, yet earlier he told me that I was measuring fine. I was told to monitor the baby’s movements and that if they decrease I’m to come in straight away and after that I was sent on my merry way!

I left feeling more confused than when I went in and I could shoot myself for not asking more questions but I just wanted to get out of there and away from him. I don’t know if I should be worried about the baby’s heart rate or not, as surely they would have kept me in if they were concerned. I get lots of movement with this baby but now I’m a nervous wreck if I haven’t felt any for a while and I got what I thought were Braxton Hicks last night but as he is telling me its too early for them, I am wondering if I should be worried about these pains. Argh

Sorry for the essay! I’m going to ring my GP to have a chat later and see what she says but I do regret not asking more questions when I was in the hospital. My mind just seemed to go blank. I hate hospitals and doctors and have white coat syndrome and will do anything to avoid having to prolong my time with a medical professional!! My main worry is if movement is causing the heart rate to go mad now, what the hell is it going to be like when the baby is making its way out!

• Advertisement

Thats horrible Vel. I canno't believe they didnt give you a scan while you were there to put your mind at ease. I would definetly give my GP a ring
    and see what she says. Im 27 weeks too and having the tightening of the tummy. Not sure if its Bh or baby turning. I defo think we are just a number to them and they dont even read our notes. Have you thought about a private scan to put your mind at ease re the measurements. Three weeks is along time to wait when you are worried for your little one.

Advertisement