Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

The only task I set myself this weekend was packing my hospital bags, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I'm obviously in full denial about going into labour. I have everything bought for the labour and hospital stay but the thoughts of packing them just overwhelmed me, and it's one task I certainly can't trust my hubby with... I can imagine him packing ipod, ipad, chargers, energy bars, but no actual clothes or towels or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I packed most of my bag today. I didn't use half the stuff the last time as
    i was only kept in about 36 hours hopefully it will be the same this time. I didn't even get an hours sleep with the noise (im a very light sleeper).

Don't worry too much Inishowen Lady when your labour starts the adrenalin
    kicks in. I found i was more nervous the few weeks before hand than the actual week i was due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I felt exactly the same about the bag, I was doing anything else to avoid packing it, even ironing and bits of DIY seemed more interesting.
    Anyway, had no excuses left this morning so just got down to it, all done and I feel so relieved, and as ready as I can be.
    Was at the gp yesterday and baby is still head down. The kicking getting ridiculous now, it's like the baby is trying to break free, it's started to become uncomfortable for the last few nights so I ended up bouncing around on the ball to try to calm it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Well ladies hope everyone is doing ok. Well I survived the wedding anyway, the whole dress and shoe thing was grand in the end thank god. The ankle/leg odema is bad enough though.
    Two weeks till due date can't believe how quick the time has gone!!

Glad the wedding went well sunshine. I don't think i am going to bother
    going to mine. The Ms is back with avengence and i haven't slept for the last few nights. Then again it never left. Hope i have this baby soon.

Emma b i am exactly the same with the kicking and the pressure. My little
    one is measuring a week and a half bigger than it should be so it feels like she is tryng to escape through my rib cage.

Good luck today Squiggler. Hope baby is head down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

sunshine, glad to hear that wedding went well.

Elaney, hope you will get your wish, last few weeks really start to get uncomfortable, especially with a tall baby.

The appointment went well. Baby is transverse, but wouldn't take much to move him/her and everything is perfect, with lots of fluid still too, so we've a week's reprieve. Hopefully by next week babs will have gotten with the programme :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Hope the weather is this nice when I start maternity leave in a couple of weeks :D

Edited to add: Oh, and I can't recommend Deborah in The Ultrasound Suite enough. She was great, even helped encourage baby to turn a bit and though we'd only requested a 2d scan she took some 3d shots of baby's face and printed them off for us, including one of baby grinning at the sound of Daddy's voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

I feel like a Zombie today, the kicking reached a whole new level last night- I thought he was trying to punch his way through my stomach.

Feel's like he's shifted himself away from being head down again with all his antics last night. Does anyone else find that it is so much more comfortable when they aren't head down, I don't mind if he stays they way he is for a few days.

Booked TEN's machine with Medicare yesterday - the lady there was really helpful. Anyone got any TEN's machine experience or tips to share?

Sounds like a lovely experience squiggler and good to know it wont take much to turn baby.
    The pressure is unreal isnt it Inishowen lady when they are head down nice to have a rest
    every now and again. Zombie doesn't describe me today got about an hours sleep. Had to
    go to toilet five times last night. Oh i love a good moan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi guys,
    Sorry haven't been on in so long. Have been in hospital on and off with no internet connection. Hope all the September mammies are doing well!
    Not long to go now. I have 4 weeks left.

I got diagnosed with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction today. Major bummer :-( It's one thing after another. In agony. Can barely walk and getting in and out of bed/car/clothes is an absolute nightmare. Feel like I am going to split in half. Waiting for physio to get on to be to have support belt fitted and get an elbow crutch. The joys :-)

My suspected DVT was just superficial vein damage so am happy about that. Anyone else on here suffer from SPD? I think I read something about u having it before taxus? Would love to hear others experience with it.

Mind yourselves ladies.

X

Supa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Yup Supa, I had SPD for a week at 30 weeks! I went to the hospital, in pieces, doctor told me that there was NOTHING that could be done, but still put me down for physio. I was so bad I went straight from the hospital to the first physio locally that had gynecological experience that could take me. Turns out one of my hips was an inch higher than the other. 1 session of physio and two days later I was cured. I've never had a pain since! Session cost €45 euro here in Limerick. 4 weeks after that, the physio in the maternity phoned to give me an appointment: thank god I didn't wait! :eek: So my advice, its worth chancing a few quid to see if you can get any relief at all.
    My heart goes out to you supa and I can only imagine how bad it must be now that baby is bigger than a 30 week baby :(

Its gas about the maternity bags, it took me 5 weeks of procrastination to get mine done and its still not right!

Baby has developed a little pattern of what we call "crazy hour" usually from 9-10 pm where baby goes absolutely nuts!:eek: :D I wonder will it do that on the outside!

• Advertisement

Yup Supa, I had SPD for a week at 30 weeks! I went to the hospital, in pieces, doctor told me that there was NOTHING that could be done, but still put me down for physio. I was so bad I went straight from the hospital to the first physio locally that had gynecological experience that could take me. Turns out one of my hips was an inch higher than the other. 1 session of physio and two days later I was cured. I've never had a pain since! Session cost €45 euro here in Limerick. 4 weeks after that, the physio in the maternity phoned to give me an appointment: thank god I didn't wait! :eek: So my advice, its worth chancing a few quid to see if you can get any relief at all.
    My heart goes out to you supa and I can only imagine how bad it must be now that baby is bigger than a 30 week baby :(

Its gas about the maternity bags, it took me 5 weeks of procrastination to get mine done and its still not right!

Baby has developed a little pattern of what we call "crazy hour" usually from 9-10 pm where baby goes absolutely nuts!:eek: :D I wonder will it do that on the outside!

Thanks for the info taxus. Sounds like finding a good physio myself is a good option! Never even thought of that, just assumed I'd have to see the hospital one. Fab news that yours has been cured. The doctor made me feel like there is no cure and you just kinda deal with it. Brill news to hear it can be helped. Thanks for giving me hope :-)

My baby goes crazy at about 2 in the morning so I'm hoping that doesn't continue once it gets out of there haha! Hospital bag not fully done either. Keep putting it off. Makes the whole thing a reality to be honest I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Booked TEN's machine with Medicare yesterday - the lady there was really helpful. Anyone got any TEN's machine experience or tips to share?

Hi
    I used a TENS on my first. I found it quite good (didn't have any other pain relief, but I did have a short labour). It was great for at home before going to hospital and a life saver in the car. I found the lanyard so I could have it round my neck handy.

Have a good read of the instruction book when it arrives and make sure it has a set of working spare batteries (I never needed mine but it was reassuring to know they were in the bag. I have no experience with the medicare one - I hired one from Boots last time, but I have brought one this time from Amazon as it was only about a fiver more than hiring and will use it for back ache post birth (which I had for a good couple of months after birth first time round!).

Hope it works for you.

Hope you feel better soon Supa.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Oh sorry to hear you have SPD supa, hope you get to find a good physio.

Squiggler, glad to hear wont take much to turn baby now & things are looking positive for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I had a false alarm earlier this week - was sure my waters had gone as had leak early on monday morn. Went into hosp all prepared to be kept in. Hadn't even the bad packed so talk about putting the skids under me! But thankfully after they did internal, my waters hadnt broke. And so was advised to take it easy and have been off work this wk. Of course Im on high alert now and watching every symptom, etc. Im damn glad to be home as was soooo mentally unprepared for babs to arrive this early (not due for 2.5 weeks). But just goes to show anythin can happen. At least I'm now somewhat prepared if I do go early.

Im getting alot of pressure both in pelvic area and back passage (sorry tmi!). Anyone finding this? Pressure at the back sure aint pleasant and i didnt have that last preg.

Happy Friday girls and hope ye all get to rest up sometime over wend! :)

Supa, you poor thing! That sounds so painful. I really hope that you can find someone who can help you. So glad to hear that you don't have DVT though.

Taxus, the bag thing just about has my heart broken. I've managed to pack the small labour ward one, but I've stalled at that point. I can't cope with packing a bag for an up-to 5 day hospital stay. The thought of having to spend even one night in there freaks me out. Just going to have to take a few deep breaths and throw stuff in there.

Jeeney, glad to hear that your false alarm was nothing to worry about and you were able to go home. Hope you're able to take it easy and get lots of rest.

Baby is still regularly shifting position, but it makes sense, the scan on Wednesday showed we're having a tall one so baby is probably finding conditions very confined. Sonographer estimated that baby is already about 7lbs so will be 8lb plus at birth. Just over a week left until the start of Maternity leave, can't wait, finding it increasingly difficult to make it through a full day at work.

Hope all the rest of you are doing well, almost our month!

Hi everyone!!

I have been sooo tired this week - kinda glad I am on mat leave, definately couldnt cope at work. Feel for you guys who are still working especially as technically I am not due for 4.5 weeks!
    Hubbie is convinced I will pop in 3 weeks max - I have been having hot flushes, which apparently I got first time round (I dont remember to be honest).

I am pleased that I didn't cry while dropping my son off at his first day at school! (although I did shed a tear when ironing his uniform last night!)

Supa - hope your not in too much pain now.

Jeeney - glad to hear your ok!, dont worry about too much info. We are all in the same boat!

Sqiggler - hope your not too uncomfotable! I dont think I am getting anymore scans but was at GP yesterday and we are both convinced that this one will be bigger than no 1 so a normal sized baby this time round!

Thanks Fran, I think I'll probably manage to survive until end of week 38. Sleeping a lot better this pregnancy than I did last time, and managed to stick it out then.

After Bun I had very few stretch marks but Baby L has made absolute bits of my stomach - it is covered in red stripes and swirls! Bun was 58 cm and 8lb 4oz (don't know why I can never get the hand of metric weight) at birth so we weren't surprised to find that L is going to be at least as big.

It will be nice to get to 37 weeks completed and know that baby can arrive any time after that.

I hope you manage to get more rest, first day of school must have been rough, but at least you will be able to have more time to relax during the day.

Squiggler- the bag thing is gas, on the one hand you need a lot of stuff but most of it is repeat orders - nappies, pads etc. so I've just brought a minimum-ish in the bag and I'll leave a stock pile in the car!

One of my friends was offered the door out of the place after 24 hours! I'm hoping they'll kick me out too!:D (all going well)

I'm less than one week to due date now, and into my 3rd week of maternity leave: it's heaven. Its amazing how I've managed to banish work completely from my mind! I never thought that could happen. Daytime TV really sucks though!
    Just watching Jo Frost extreme parenting I don't know whether to laugh or cry at it!
    Supa - any news on the SPD, similar to yourself the doc in the hospital sort of shrugged her shoulders at me, called babies "parasites", and basically said that mothers are doomed to perpetual suffering! She seemed to be the female version of Dr House. Her delivery of same was so dead pan that I just started laughing!

Glad you are ok Jeeney look after yourself. The pressure is awful this time around i feel your pain.

Ahh the first day at school Fran must be hard seeing them in the uniform.
    Hope he enjoys his first day:).

So jealous of you getting sleep squiggler i think i got two hours last night.

Must be lovely to be due in a week taxus put your feet up and relax.

Squiggler- the bag thing is gas, on the one hand you need a lot of stuff but most of it is repeat orders - nappies, pads etc. so I've just brought a minimum-ish in the bag and I'll leave a stock pile in the car!

One of my friends was offered the door out of the place after 24 hours! I'm hoping they'll kick me out too!:D (all going well)

I'm less than one week to due date now, and into my 3rd week of maternity leave: it's heaven. Its amazing how I've managed to banish work completely from my mind! I never thought that could happen. Daytime TV really sucks though!
    Just watching Jo Frost extreme parenting I don't know whether to laugh or cry at it!
    Supa - any news on the SPD, similar to yourself the doc in the hospital sort of shrugged her shoulders at me, called babies "parasites", and basically said that mothers are doomed to perpetual suffering! She seemed to be the female version of Dr House. Her delivery of same was so dead pan that I just started laughing!

Thanks for your well wishes squiggler and Fran and taxus of course. Can't believe u only have 1 week left. Wish I was the same :-)

Have not heard a peep from physio in the hospital. Thought they would be onto me really quickly because I'm so far along but unfortunately not!

Have rang around to see if there are any physios in the area with experience with SPD but hqvent been successful yet :-( Can't travel far in the car at all so that's out of the question. The vibration in the car makes me scream.

I know what you mean about daytime tv taxus. It's appalling! Nothing to watch. Have to dig out the DVDs for the day :-)

Hope all you girlies have a nice relaxing weekend. Take it easy and get tons of rest for yourselves :-)

• Advertisement

ah supa, it is and it isn't great with one week to go!

We are moving house soon, and living with my parents for the mo. so I'd love to have just one weekend with just hub me and bump together in the house before bump emerges, really wishing to go a week over!

The nerves have also kicked in a bit . . . .:o

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hello ladies,

Looks like I'm going to have a September baby too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Well ladies its officially September x best me luck to ye all hope everything goes well for ye x

Hope your baby comes soon excited.

Thanks Betsie congrats on your baby, hope you are getting some sleep.:D

Yeah officially September:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

elaney wrote: »
    Hope your baby comes soon excited.

Thanks Betsie congrats on your baby, hope you are getting some sleep.:D

Yeah officially September:eek:

Sleep i have forgotten what that is haha, ah no she is good, can't really complain too much x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Best of luck girls !! Im almost jealous of ye ye have so much to look forward to :-) xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Along with the other August mums I'd like to ye all the best! :) x

Yay September is finally here! Not long left now girls. Hopefully the month flies for us all!

Just packed my bags for the hospital. Had a big freak out doing it! Makes it all so scary and real.

Any of Ye packed arnica tablets? Don't have an idea what strength to get at all. Same goes for the tea tree oil, where did ye get it and what kind is best? Thanks in advance ladies x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

As far as I know In chemists they only have one strength arnica tablets, theyre in a tiny purple tube, theyre like litTLe sweetners. As for the tea tree, any of them at all! And if you've been following us in the August thread they will both be your saviour!!!:)

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    As far as I know In chemists they only have one strength arnica tablets, theyre in a tiny purple tube, theyre like litTLe sweetners. As for the tea tree, any of them at all! And if you've been following us in the August thread they will both be your saviour!!!:)

Can someone elighten me please?

TIA

Advertisement