Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

not at all squiggler, it didn't scare me because I was well aware of other things happening like I had mentioned about my friend with the surprise episiotomy. Thats a great idea for Thursday. I'll be laying down the law so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Taxus myself and my pregnant friend were just talking about the positive experiences you get from complete strangers when your pregnant. It's one of the things I will also remember and it is a real pick me up if it happens when your feeling particularly sore or tired or fed-up.
    Equally we've both experienced our fair share not so positive comments from 'friends' & family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

On a slightly different note, just curious to know if any of you drank during your pregnancies?
    I have had 1 drink on maybe 8 or 9 different occasions over the last 7 months (since I found out I was pregnant). And by "occasions" I don't mean weddings/parties, just maybe a sunny evening in the garden or a night out with friends. I have no regrets about 1 drink but it's still a major taboo, I wasn't advertising I was drinking, even with friends. And I never felt the urge to have another, 1 was enough just to appreciate the taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

emer_b, I've also had the occasional drink, though I avoided drinking completely until near the end of the second trimester - I didn't feel like a drink before then anyway. We decided that the occasional small glass of wine with a meal was unlikely to do baby any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

My waters broke during the night but no progress yet. Just playing the waiting game!!

I haven't had any alcohol since new years eve, not that I haven't wanted a bottle but I don't drink anything other than alco pops. I don't think there as safe as the typical glass of Guinness or glass of wine so I've avoided.

Looking forward to a drink after baby is born mind you it will prob be just the one.

• Advertisement

Hope you won't have too much longer to wait Excited! Keeping everything crossed that you'll soon be holding your little one.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Fran79 wrote: »

Supa - how are you feeling? Hopefully not to painful for ya.

Hey Fran, not feeling too bad today. Bones don't seem to be as sore. Baby seems to have quitened down a lot in the last few days. Still kicks like crazy when I lie down though!

Any of you girls been having a bit more discharge than usual?No colour just a lil bit wet feeling down there. Half freaked me out the other night. Thought I was gonna go into labour. Also been having real period type cramp in my back the last three nights. Hopefully its a sign of something stirring. Would be thrilled to go early.

Any of you ladies getting any strange niggles?

Dreading physio on Friday, terrified theyll hurt me but hopefully they can come up with some exercises or something to help this SPD.

On the topic of names, I am totally lost! I honestly don't seem to like any of the boys names I've cone across. Girls are so much easier! Any suggestions appreciated ladies. Hope ye are all taking it easy in this heat xx

excited - that's brilliant - won't be too long now! ;)

Emer B - I didn't drink during the pregnancy, not because I disagree with it, simply because I lost all appetite for it. I actually couldn't stand the smell of red wine, my once staple diet! :o I was at home one evening alright and I got a mad beer craving, so I had a glass of non alcoholic paulaner - took two sips of it then had no more interest!

Fran - I've that too, weird little aches down below and a bit on the moister side (sorry if TMI!)

sorry supa, I had a bit of baby brain there!

Fran, glad to hear that SPD is easing a bit x

Hope you're all doing well. Been struggling to hold it together since this morning. Baby decided to try out frank breech this morning especially for the antenatal appointment which means that there are now discussions of a planned section :(

But we're both doing fine and baby is still moving plenty so not going to panic yet.

Taxus, hope everything goes well for you tomorrow at the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Good luck Excited hope everything goes well.

Supa the extra discharge is very common after 36 weeks just keep an eye on it. Good luck Friday with the physio.

Emer B i have had the odd glass of wine but havent touched it since July cos it gives me heartburn.

Oh squiggler, Can they try turning the baby? that must be annoying i never heard of Frank breech so i just googled it Looks like an interesting position for babs looks like he could suck his toes. :) Sorry if thats inappropriate but if ya don't laugh you will cry.

Emer b I had a few drinks up to week 13 then stopped. Again just because I had no appetite for booze at all. Was out one evening with my pregnant friend a few months ago and we both were having non alcohol Erdinger- well u should have seen the daggers a table of auld ones were giving us.

Can't wait to have a cheeky gin and tonic next month

elaney wrote: »
    Oh squiggler, Can they try turning the baby? that must be annoying i never heard of Frank breech so i just googled it Looks like an interesting position for babs looks like he could suck his toes. :) Sorry if thats inappropriate but if ya don't laugh you will cry.

Don't worry, we've been having a good laugh about it too, it was about the only position that baby hadn't tried out in the last month so I guess it had to be tried at some point. Little monkey though!

We'll be having an appointment with our consultant soon, I know that at least one consultant in the Coombe had experience with ECV so we're hoping that they will let us try that before we commit to a section. Baby could also still turn autonomously... been doing enough of it. The really fun bit is that to get to current position kiddo actually rotated on an axis accross my belly, rather than a back to belly axis, if you can understand that.

Little monkey alright:D. I hope they try ECV, i think i would give it a go if i was
    in your position. God only knows i could be in the same position, i think baby is head down with the
    pressure but sure ya never know. I am back to the hospital on Monday so we will find out for sure then.

hope you're right and baby is nicely head down for you, and stays that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

sorry supa, I had a bit of baby brain there!

Fran, glad to hear that SPD is easing a bit x

I think you meant supa for that too!! (sorry had to laugh - thought I had lost the thread of the conversation too).

I agree about the dampness!! I am using 2-3 panty liners a day.

TMI alert
    I also get a bit itchy - but only near my clit / urethra not my vagina, but its not all the time so dont think it is thrush. Did a quick google and its probably due to pH changes. I've stopped using soap and cold water rinse 3 times a day and this week I have had a lot less itching. I never think to mention it to GP as I usually haven't itched that day before seeing him.

Had it first time round too, but only for about a week.

I haven't had a drink this pregnancy - haven't fancied it at all.
    Had a baileys at my cousins wedding on first pregnancy at 11 weeks.

Excited - Hope your doing ok. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

God sounds like I'm the only alco gagging for a few drinks!
    Depending on how the breastfeeding goes i'm looking forward to a few guilt free drinks, maybe at Christmas!!
    HAve 2 weeks left to my due date. I'm convinced that I'll go a few days over (no scientific reasoning there, just gut feeling) so I'll get some surprise if things start moving earlier.
    Best of luck everyone over next few days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Still no baby yet, I'm so tired.

I think they have to enduce me now because of my waters been broke for so long.

Oh Excited you must be so fed-up. I'm sue 28th I'm sure I'll be moving into the October thread

have been up most of the night! wrecked now had a few twingy pains - nothing specific but just a feeling of stretching, I guess I'll find out more at the hospital.

I'm finding it hard to follow the thread of my own life at the mo, not to mention boards! :o

Excited - looks like you're going to meet you baby soon either way!

Squiggler, honestly what a little acrobat! I wonder which olympics could we realistically hope to see baby squig compete in!?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh excited you poor thing, any pains at all no? Try get some sleep if you can x won't be too much longer and you will have you wonderful baby in your arms x x

Oh excited hope babs makes appearance soon you must be wrecked.
    Good luck at the hospital Taxus this might be your last appointment.
    Emer b dont get me wrong i will be dying for a drink after babs is born :D

excited, any news from the hospital? Have they given you an appointment or suggested you go in?

Taxus, best of luck today, hope it all goes well. If they don't keep you in try to sleep as much as you can... not easy I know, but labour is tough enough without starting it exhausted.

Waiting for a call from the consultant's office with an appointment.

Hope all the rest of the mammies and babies are doing well.

At least we're getting lovely weather! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Good luck today taxus! And Excited hope baby makes an appearance soon.

Glad to hear some of u other ladies have a damp feeling down there. It's so hard to know what's 'normal' and what's not.

No drink for me since first week in February and because of my gallstones abs pancreatitis during pregnancy I can't even drink after baby :-(
    Christmas is the only time ill really miss it.

Another lovely day out there, at least its fresh, not too hot yet. Off to the docs for check up. So sock of apps at this stage. Can't wait till its all over!

Ladies supervalu have their baby event on. Big boxes of pampers for 13. Gonna stock up while they're half price!

Hope ye all have a great day x

When do you generally hear back from Social Welfare about Maternity Benefit? I got the letter to say they got my form and that was it.

When do you generally hear back from Social Welfare about Maternity Benefit? I got the letter to say they got my form and that was it.

I only heard back from them on Monday and I start maternity leave from next week! Looks like they're leaving the decisions to the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I hope everyone is doing well! We're all so close now :O

I got a letter about my ante natal classes being cancelled, they rescheduled them for AFTER my due date haha, had to get that sorted out!
    I've been put on antibiotics for a UTI, bleh, and the doctor also told me I'll need antibiotics during labour :S does anyone know why this could be? My doctor doesn't like informing me of these things haha.

Also found out that baby is head down, yaay!

Ericaa, you have a UTI - you poor thing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Ericaa, you have a UTI - you poor thing:eek:

I had a bladder or kidney infection at the start of my pregnancy as well, but that time and this time I have no symptoms or pain, so it sounds worse than it actually is!

• Advertisement

Ericaa, you poor thing, hope it clears up quickly for you. I think you should definitely ask your Dr why you are going to have to take antibiotics during labour though. Sounds a bit weird.

Delighted to hear that baby is head down though, hope he or she stays that way for you :)

Advertisement