Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Ericaa, sorry to hear about the Strep B, but at least now you do have an explanation. Bit off that the Dr didn't tell you. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the antenatal classes though.

Sunshine, that's good that the bleed doesn't seem to be anything serious and that all is still well with baby. Hope tomorrow goes well.

All fine here, in tomorrow morning for the GD test instead of today, nice to have a day off :) Going to be a long day in there because the test takes 2-3 hours and then they're going to want to do another trace and check the lie again.

Feeling much less comfortable nearly daily, but still managing to get out of chairs and bed by myself. No sign of anything happening yet. Some Braxton Hicks but that's about it.

I don't know what to expect this time, I didn't lose the plug last time until I was in labour and my waters broke - no show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Elaney: yeah, I'm glad they caught it now.

Squiggler: I know, honestly my whole dealing with this hospital has been ridiculous. If I get another comment about my piercings or diet again, I'll lose the plot!
    I have an eating disorder that means I'm extremely fussy with food (not anorexia or bulimia), so I've had to take supplements this whole time. Ive told every medical personnel I've encountered in there (except my weird doctor), that I have this issue. Not one of them has looked into it further and one of the midwives even told me to 'put it aside for now'.

Baffling!
    Anyway nevermind me ranting, I hope everyone is doing good!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

So glad everything is fine Sunshine sorry if i worried you.
    Looking good if cervix is softening.

Best of luck tomorrow squiggler.

Its annoying when the don't tell you things at the hospital Ericaa.
    Id always prefer to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Well all,

yesterday I was very impatient with bump and today I've decided that for now, if my belly is its little home I should be a bit more welcoming and just accept it. Now I haven't stopped drinking the raspberry tea, or planning a long walk etc. I'm just going to change how I'm reacting to bumps decision to stay in! I had my MIL here all day yesterday - we get on great, but I think her anxiousness to see baby really contributed to my impatience too.

I've hospital tomorrow again- funny how as the end approaches all we are talking about is hospital apps!

Supa might have baby by now - the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all

hope you are all doing well - its getting exciting now!!

Sunshine - glad to hear they gave you the ok.

Sqiggler - good luck for tomorrow!

Ericaa - I too am pretty fed up of WRH at this point - it does not fill me with confidence when I am nervous enough about the birth as it is. Was reading through my notes there yesterday whilst waiting for midwife to come back in after being called out - only to see that despite stating several times I am allergic to penicillin it was not in my notes, nor on the front cover under allergies!! Could have been quite drastic!! Thinking back I should have checked whether they had recorded that I was asthmatic as well!

To be honest I want outta there as soon as possible after birth - if only I had the money for a private midwife I would be having this one at home!

TMI
    I never noticed a show first time round, wonder whether I will see one this time?

Feeling absolutely wrecked today - I have done nothing all day and had period like cramps this morning. I feel like I have more energy this afternoon / evening.

Been really hungry the last few days, especially in the late evenings 5pm - 11pm kinda time. I'm having a good dinner and fruit, biscuits, cake, ice cream you name it!! Cant seem to stop eating! Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Yeah Fran - constantly starving and weepy. I am crying into my food all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Fran79 wrote: »
    Ericaa - I too am pretty fed up of WRH at this point - it does not fill me with confidence when I am nervous enough about the birth as it is. Was reading through my notes there yesterday whilst waiting for midwife to come back in after being called out - only to see that despite stating several times I am allergic to penicillin it was not in my notes, nor on the front cover under allergies!! Could have been quite drastic!! Thinking back I should have checked whether they had recorded that I was asthmatic as well!

To be honest I want outta there as soon as possible after birth - if only I had the money for a private midwife I would be having this one at home!
    Phew, so I'm not the only one that finds the place ridiculous then.

It's incredible, how can they let these things get passed them?!
    I've looked into discharging myself early because I am just dreading staying there even for two days, but now that I have Strep B, it probably wont be happening, because I think they monitor baby for up to 48 hours to check it hasn't passed on.

I have zero confidence in the place, absolutely none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

hi ladies, I know they say every pregnancy is different but its so true, really interesting following everyones story, all pregnant but so different.
    I'm feeling quite well but really cranky the last few days, and craving sweet things.
    Had a hospital appointment today and all went well, no concerns for me or baby. However the doctor asked me if I would like to come back next week (2 days before my due date) to have a sweep done. I was really surprised by this, she seemed more eager to get the baby out than I am. I'm in no rush and don't want any intervention unless I'm at least 10 days over or theres some problem with me or baby.
    Anyway I just told her I'd go to my gp instead (beats sitting in the clinic for 2 hours!).
    Is it normal for doctors to want to do a sweep before the due date when there are no concerns for the pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi girls, My posts have been all over the place and the internet is crap in here but hopefully this will post.

Had Baby Jack Tuesday 11th Sept at 16:53. Two and a half week's early, weighed in at 6lb 8oz. He is just perfect. Such a scary few days. Don't even remember if I posted here or not, heads all over the place. 

Waters went at 12:20 Sunday night, big huge gush in bed. They were pink so I freaked out. Rang hospital and they said come straight in. Checked me out when I came in, waters gone, Bp was high and heart rate but just think it was cuz I was freaked. They kept me in and waited 18 hours to see if any pains started naturally.Done an internal and said no dialation, everything fully closed. Waited to start naturally and nothing happened.

They started antibiotics Monday evening at 6 to prevent infection to baby and me. Still nothing Tuesday morning. Decided to induce me with drip. Brought me down to labour ward. Just about to put me on drip when they decided to check if I was any way dialated. Doctorsaid nothing had softened so she would scan to check. Quick ultrasound and baby had flipped to transverse at last minute! The midwives could not believe it. Had a scan the night before and he was head down ready to go. Big upheavel then, said they would have to section me.

Brought me down to theatre. Tried to give me a spinal block, but couldnt get it. It was absolute torture. Could hear everything crunching in my spine. Then tried epidural, 5 attempts before they gave up. Was terrible. They said they would have to give me general anaesthetic to put me to sleep. Woke up and was told I had a little boy :-) Crazy experience and so sore after section. Because the epidural was a failure it has left some of my left thigh and tummy numb. Makes it hard to do anything. Besides that I'm not feeling to bad. 

Can't even read up how ye are all doing. Net is too slow in here. Hope there has been more babies born since I was last on. XxSupa 

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Congrats Supa. Welcome to the world baby Supa.
    Sounds like you had an 'eventful' delivery.
    So exciting to see these September babies making an appearance.

• Advertisement

Congrats Supa! Just glad to hear you're both healthy. Must have been fairly overwhelming

Supa, amazing what you went through but thank god the outcome was wonderful. Its lovely to see how positive you are - the baby love must be amazing!

I'm going to be induced on Sunday if baby doesn't arrive soon! I'm getting really excited about it all now! ;)

Congrats Supa, Sounds like an ordeal thank God you and baby Jack are ok.:D

Lovely to hear babies are arriving.

Great you have a date Taxus not long now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Congrats supa great news!!! And to add to the baby's, my little girl Ruby was born at 04:15. 9lb 2oz She's amazing! I can't believe she's here!

Wow congrats Sunshine. Welcome baby Ruby what a great weight.:D

Sunshine - congrats! That happened fast! Welcome top the world baby Ruby!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Congrats supa & sunshine on your new arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Oh congrats Sunshine on the safe arrival of baby Ruby! Great weight indeed. Well done.

And congrats to you too Supa. Sorry to hear of your ordeal, you poor thing. But at least baby Jack is here safe and sound now. Hope you begin to heal soon and get to enjoy your baby in full health. Make sure you get lots of help. Take care x

Hope the rest of ye doing ok. It's so exciting now hearing of all the new arrivals. Still getting plenty of braxton hicks myself and period pain. How long more will it go on?! Vel - you feeling any different? I must try and bump up the list and see who's next to go!!

Ok bumping this up again!

ExcitedFTM: 30th August
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept
    Dollyb: 11th Sept
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept BOY (Jack) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept
    Emer_b: 21st sept
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - BOY (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept
    Squiggler: 24th sept
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept
    elaney: 28th sept
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - GIRL (Ruby) - born 11th September
    Queen of sheebs: 29th sept
    fran79: 30th sept
    Vel: 30th Sept

ExcitedFTM - should I have you included there - sorry trying to scroll through previous posts.
    Please update if I've left anyone out. A few of us due now over the next few days... I've a feeling I'll go over though!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

jeeney wrote: »
    Ok bumping this up again!

ExcitedFTM: 30th August

ExcitedFTM - should I have you included there - sorry trying to scroll through previous posts.
    Please update if I've left anyone out. A few of us due now over the next few days... I've a feeling I'll go over though!

I had a beautiful baby boy on the 7th September, he's the greatest gift I could ever receive.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their babies and it won't be long until the rest of you are holding yours.

• Advertisement

Further update then!

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

The babies are a-coming!! Congrats Supa and Sunshine on the new arrivals.

Absolutley nothing going on here:rolleyes:

Had hopsital appointment yesterday and head is nicely down so at least baby decided to stay in the right position! My urine sample tested positive for what looks like a kidney infection, however I don't have any of the symptoms of one, so they are going to send it off to the lab for full tests. If I do have one they will put me on antibiotics and these have a high chance of bringing on labour and quite frankly that wouldn't be a problem for me at this stage :D

I've been on my own with the kids all day today and am shattered. Thankfully my mum has just popped in to take them out for a walk so I'm heading off for a quick cat nap!

Hope all the September ladies are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies hope ye all doing well. I don't know how to update the list but it's a girl I had ruby think its a little mixed up but she was born on the 14th. X

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September

I think this is correct now?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Have been having alot of back pain. it comes and goes...like every 45 minutes. Feels like its really tight and stiff and then it eases off. Has been like this since i went to bed last night. was up for hours though as my little man has a cold and couldn't sleep as he wasn't able to breath lying down. Don't know if this is the start of it?? Baby is moving loads but its weird....loads of bubbly movements just over my pubic bone!

Im the same queen of sheebs been getting pains since yesterday but not in any particular order. I think i have a uti as well my sister checked my urine and it looks like i do. So im not sure if its the uti or the start of labour. Sure we will keep an eye on it.

Taxus good luck tomo if you haven't gone already.

Squiggler hasn't been on in a few days hope she is ok.

Congrats Sunshine, welcome baby Ruby. UTIs and Kidney Infections are featuring in a lot posts now.

I thought it would be a good idea to wash the new babygros and towels I bought. However, I did not think of separating the 2 loads so now I have a load of slightly mint green newborn babygros!

At least they all match haha!

At least they are mint green Minty. I dyed some of my sons pink before. Ah well they were grand around the house:D.

Inishowen lady how are you and baby Luke getting on?.

• Advertisement

We are doing great Elaney, I have to say the Domino midwives have been so helpful, he got signed off from their care this morning. His jaundice has improved greatly and the cut on his head from the kiwi delivery is so well healed. He is coming along great, I can't believe the change in him after just one week- really alert and nosey. Removing the rose-tinted glasses he does have the night terrors so lots of pacing the floors at silly o'clock in the morning

Advertisement