Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Finally a bit of news, our son Matthew was born on Monday 17th, 8lb 15oz, 55cm. We're just like wow!!!!

Very long labour, long story so quick summary:
    sweep last Thursday, false labour friday, early labour saturday, appointment for induction on sunday at 2 - was 3cm dilated. got 5 cm with gas, spent 8 hours at 5 cm - no progress so epidural and syntocin. After 22 hours in labour ward baby was born! Overall from early labour to birth was 55 hours - now I did sleep part of that - my point for the rest of ye is SLEEP, EAT and REST whenever you can.

Queen of sheebs- you may have either a real or false labour. Go to bed, get plenty of sleep - it could be fast or slow but either way you need your rest.

Squiggler, I'm absolutely thrilled for you, really really delighted, I just cannot imagine how ye handled it all. I bawled my eyes out when I held our little man. I could see my grandfather in him... I can't explain what ran through my mind in those moments - mind blowing. I have tears in my eyes here still.

Supa - we had a room temp freak out as well! :-)

also just realised that there is only one little lady in our list so far - thats mad isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Back pain and period pains have started again!!
    Congrats taxus! Love the name Matthew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations Taxus. Lovely name and a good sized little man! Hope you are all doing well and he's getting into a nice routine. Sounds like a pretty gruelling labour, but all worth it in the end.

Continues the boy trend for September too! :D

Hope that things start to happen soon for those of you reaching (or past) your due dates. Sounds like things are promising for some of you.

My thoughts are with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hey everyone,

It has been ages since I checked in with you. Max is coming up to his birth date - 24 September - and he is now 6lbs. He came home sunday a week ago from the NICU in the Rotunda. If I were to look for a silver lining it would be that Max came home in a fantastic routine. He wakes 4 hourly for a nappy change and a feed - we are still on expressed breast milk but he can feed from the breast when wakeful enough.

I hope all you new moms settle into nice routines quickly with your babs and for all moms still awaiting D-day, I hope your labours are swift.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

emmabrighton, so happy to hear that Max is home and doing well. Been thinking about you often and hoping that all was going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Great news Emma thanks for the update.
    Congratulations Taxus, these little boys need some female company- maybe October will bring on some little ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I'm hoping to add to the girls for this month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Congratulations Taxus!. Welcome to the world baby Matthew.:D
    Sounds like a long labour hope you are getting some sort of rest.

Great to hear from you Emmabrighton. I thought about you and baby
    Max often over the last couple of months.Great to hear he is home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Congrats taxus! Another boy to add to the collection! Lovely name too.

Great to hear max is doing well Emma. Fantastic that he is home.

How are all you other girls feeling?

I'm shattered but completely in love with baby Jack. Bringing him to be registered today.
    The bringing him outside while he's so tiny.
    Can't wait till he is a lil bigger and more hardy.

Xx

• Advertisement

Back pain and period pains have started again!!
    Congrats taxus! Love the name Matthew.

Hang in there, sounds like the start of mine too! Take some paracetamol if you can? I held out on taking anything when I rang the hospital they advised to take some, was best thing I ever did! (with the exception of getting himself out!)

I forgot that you're having a girl Erica!

Just waiting for our midwife to arrive to check us out! I've so many questions for the poor woman! Thinking of giving him a soother at night, he sleeps like a dream during the day, but wants to party all night long - sort of like me as a college student! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Congrats Taxus on the arrival of baby Matthew!

I forgot that you're having a girl Erica!
    Ohh, we don't actually know what we're having yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

We'll be adding a girl to the list, if she ever decides to make an appearance :rolleyes:

GP checkup on Thursday and she said the head is really enagaged, which she didn't need to tell me as I can barely walk/sit up/turn over in bed without getting a lot of pelvic pain.

Apart from that, not a dickie bird of movement. Really hope she makes an appearance soon as OH is due to start a new job 2 weeks after due date so if I go any way over it means less time for him here with us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

congratulations taxus, really delighted for you. And great to hear from Emma, you often cross my mind when I log on here.
    I'm one day over now but really wasn't expecting anything to happen yesterday, or today for that matter! But I'm not stressing about it, have a bit of discomfort in the evenings with all the movement but otherwise I'm pretty well. I'd love to go naturally this week though. Have been getting regular acupuncture throughout my pregnancy and have a session booked for a weeks time which will hopefully get things started if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Looks like something may be happening!!

Been having back contractions for the past 2 hrs and they have settled down to every 6-7 mins. Still not painfull, so will pop to hospital at some point today no doubt (had a chat to them on the phone already).

Strange sensation as first time round my waters broke 12 hrs before any contractions and contractions were around the front not in my back.

Waters still intact - so mya have some news soon.

Good luck everyone!

Fingers crossed for you Fran excited for you hopefully babs will be here soon.

Hopefully you get your wish and go naturally emerb and you don't have too
    much longer to wait.

ill be adding a girl as well Vel if she ever decides to appear. My hubby has a course he will have to go to on the 3rd of October in Dublin if baby hasnt appeared by then. Also i want for my mum and sister to see the baby before they go on holidays for 10 days from the 3rd. Hope everyone else is doing well and we have more anouncements soon.

We are the same Taxus, he sleeps soundly throughout the day, even through his BCG injection yesterday and then at night he is really alert. Ah well who needs sleep- it's totally over-rated.
    Just back from hairdressers, me time to read some rubbish girly mags never felt so good, although I couldn't wait to get home an see my wee man

Fran what did the hospital say to you? I've been having pains in my back, bump and vagina since Tuesday but they are every 12 mins not but totally manageable. Should i be ringing the hospital too?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Oh best of luck everyone!! Having pains everywhere for the past few days but no pattern to them

Keep us posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Hello everyone :) How are ye all getting on? I havn't been on in ages. Had loads of drama (unbaby related) coming up to the birth.
    Had my lil fella on the 13th of this month :D The birth was okay except I had to go for the epidural as my contractions were reading high and it was taking a long time for him to make an appearance, not that it mattered at it had worn off before the pushing came along lol.
    He's perfect little guy sleeps great and loves his grub!

Really hope ye are all doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Hi guys,

Well I finally have a bit of news to add too! I had my beautiful baby boy on Thursday gone, 20th Sept. He weighed 8lb 2.5oz. I went three days over, so that wasn't bad at all. I was delighted I went naturally as had been booked in for induction on 27th. I somehow knew I wasn't going to last that long though either!

I had a good labour thank god and was 5cm by time I went into hospital. Was determined to wait it out at home as long as I could. I went in at 5am and had my little man just before 10am. Had an excellent midwife and had him with just the tens machine and gas and air. Delighted it's all over now. Just gotta cope with being quite sore down there. Roll on the recovery period!

Congrats taxus and dollyb too. The male species are surely dominating this month! Emmab- delighted to hear you have your little man home and that he's putting on the weight now. It's great to hear!

Best of luck the rest of ye - ye won't feel it.

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept - Boy (Matthew) - born 17th September
    Dollyb: 11th Sept - Boy - born 13th September

sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept - Boy (Ronan) - born 20th September
    Emer_b: 21st sept
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept
    elaney: 28th sept
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September

Queen of sheebs: 29th sept
    fran79: 30th sept
    Vel: 30th Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

jeeney wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Well I finally have a bit of news to add too! I had my beautiful baby boy on Thursday gone, 20th Sept. He weighed 8lb 2.5oz. I went three days over, so that wasn't bad at all. I was delighted I went naturally as had been booked in for induction on 27th. I somehow knew I wasn't going to last that long though either!

I had a good labour thank god and was 5cm by time I went into hospital. Was determined to wait it out at home as long as I could. I went in at 5am and had my little man just before 10am. Had an excellent midwife and had him with just the tens machine and gas and air. Delighted it's all over now. Just gotta cope with being quite sore down there. Roll on the recovery period!

Congrats taxus and dollyb too. The male species are surely dominating this month! Emmab- delighted to hear you have your little man home and that he's putting on the weight now. It's great to hear!

Best of luck the rest of ye - ye won't feel it.

fran79: 30th sept
    Vel: 30th Sept

Congrats jeeney! Love the name too. Was on my boys list :-) Sounds like u had an ok labour, hope your recovering well. Enjoy your little man xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Had a boy at 18:02pm weighing 7lb 2 oz. We named him kitt.
    Will write more when I can get to a pc

Congrats Jeeney, Fran and Dolly. 3 more September males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Wow so much baby news today, fantastic, and congratulations to all the new mams and dads!
    Can't wait to meet mine now, haven't felt like this until I started hearing everyone else's news!

Fran79 wrote: »
    Had a boy at 18:02pm weighing 7lb 2 oz. We named him kitt.
    Will write more when I can get to a pc
    Congratulations!

How was the hospital, and how did they treat you?

Wow what a busy day yesterday was with announcements.

Congrats Dollyb on your little man.

Thought you had probably had your baby Jeeney as you haven't been on.
    Congrats and welcome to the world baby Ronan . What a lovely name.
    Hope you start recovery soon:D

My God Fran that was quick you don't wait around. Welcome to the world baby Kitt:D. Let us know how the labour went when you get a chance.

fran79: 30th sept - Boy (Kitt)- Born 22nd September
    Vel: 30thSept

Updated list i'll probably be the last one standing. Someone has to be:D

• Advertisement

Congrats to all the new mammy's and daddy's!!!

Advertisement