Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

How are you feeling today Queen of sheebs any movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Oh wow, lots of new babies!!! Congrats all!!

Elaney, I think I'll be fighthing you for the title of last bump standing!!

I have to keep reminding myself that I still have a week to my due date because it feels like I'm already overdue! I'd already has No. 1 this time on my first pregnancy and No.2 was making their way into the world as I type. This one is way too cosy in there for my liking!

Going to take one of the dogs out for a walk in a bit. Hopefully him dragging me down the road in excitement will set something off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Still here. had pains every 12 min on average yesterday until about 4 in the morning then they eased off. woke up this morning and they started like period pains again but are more like contractions now. they are definitely stronger but not strong enough to go to the hospital. Worn out with having pains all day every day!! I do have one issue and would love if someone could advise.......i lost my mucous plug in what i thought was two parts on wed & Thursday.....it was like a green ball of snot (sorry...tmi). Anyway I've been having a lot of this green discharge since Friday....i mean alot. It doesn't smell or anything. Should I be worried? Should I ring the hospital....its embarrassing!!

No harm at all in ringing the hospital Queen of sheebs no point in worrying about it thats what they are there for.My sister worked as a midwife and people used to ring for alot less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Ericaa wrote: »
    Ohh, we don't actually know what we're having yet :P

ooops I thought you knew! :o

• Advertisement

Still here. had pains every 12 min on average yesterday until about 4 in the morning then they eased off. woke up this morning and they started like period pains again but are more like contractions now. they are definitely stronger but not strong enough to go to the hospital. Worn out with having pains all day every day!! I do have one issue and would love if someone could advise.......i lost my mucous plug in what i thought was two parts on wed & Thursday.....it was like a green ball of snot (sorry...tmi). Anyway I've been having a lot of this green discharge since Friday....i mean alot. It doesn't smell or anything. Should I be worried? Should I ring the hospital....its embarrassing!!

If in any doubt ring the hospital - there is no question too silly for them!

After giving birth I'd show my fandango to anyone now;)!! Its amazing how your inhibitions go out the window when you get down to the business of getting your baby outta there!

Great news over the past few days! Congrats all - does this mean we get kicked out of pregnancy and into newborn and toddlers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

How's everyone getting on out there? Congrats to all the new mams and dads!

How are ye all getting with bubs at home? My fella is getting more unsettled as time goes on. Think I'm gonna try him on the infacol drops. He has tons of wind and its waking him outta his sleep.

How are u all gettin on?x

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Husband turned to me today an said, "I was dreading this day for ages, there is so much sport on, and I thought you would ruin it for me by going into labour"
    Turns out so far today, our little Luke has been happily distracting him from his sport.
    Supa we are the same, I just take comfort in hearing from other mums that it does get better and really doesn't last too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congrats to the recent mammies. Haven't had much time with two free hands :) We're doing fine. Hit a breastfeeding bump mid last week with a cracked and bleeding nipple (OUCH) but got past it and it's going well again. Leon doesn't get much wind, thankfully.

Anyway, he's just about to wake up, looking for another feed.

Mammies in waiting, hope that things happen soon and go smoothly for you.

Squiggler its great your still bfing. My milk still hasn't even come in. Wish it had. Feel like jack would be much healthier if I even got to breast feed for a week.

He was at carefoc last night. Picked up my throat infection from me. Poor little man is in agony. Barely able to swallow his feeds. Doc says 2mls of Calpol is all I can do for him.

• Advertisement

Squiggler its great your still bfing. My milk still hasn't even come in. Wish it had. Feel like jack would be much healthier if I even got to breast feed for a week.

He was at carefoc last night. Picked up my throat infection from me. Poor little man is in agony. Barely able to swallow his feeds. Doc says 2mls of Calpol is all I can do for him.

Aw Supa, sorry to hear that you and the little man aren't feeling well. I hope that you're both back to full health soon.

I'm really lucky because I have so much support for breastfeeding. Exclusive bf is rampant on both sides of the family. My mother (4 of us), mother in law (another 4), sister (3), sister in law (1)... because it's just what we do I never even considered doing anything else. Leon latched on within 30 minutes of birth, fed merrily in the hospital and has been loving his feeds since.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

It's my due date today and I've had ZERO signs of baby making a move. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Daithi John was born this morning at 11.34, weighing 8lb and 55cm long. Mammy & baby doing great!! Thank u ladies for all your support over the last 9 months. best wishes to all those waiting on their bundles to arrive.

Daithi John was born this morning at 11.34, weighing 8lb and 55cm long. Mammy & baby doing great!! Thank u ladies for all your support over the last 9 months. best wishes to all those waiting on their bundles to arrive.
    Congrats Queen of Sheebs! September is full of baby boys! Glad to hear u are both doing well x

Another boy congratulations Queen of Sheebs:D. Looks like the girls are stubborn. I had my hospital appointment today doctor reckons i can go anytime baby is fully engaged. Bring it on.

elaney wrote: »
    Updated list i'll probably be the last one standing. Someone has to be:D
    I'm convinced it's gonna be me! :P

We will have to have them Ericaa at the same time and day then neither will be last :D

Hahaha, it's a deal! :D

Hi all, congrats queen of sheebs. Still astounded at the boy population in here!

All is well with us. BF going well thank god, saturday was shaky nipples were very sore but we persevered, his latch was a bit dodgy but I think we understand each other now! Squiggler sounds like we are having a similar BF experience!

I'm a little worn out from all the visitors, I have no one coming tomorrow and I honestly cannot wait to be all alone - at last. I find that the visitors are so anxious to hold baby that it really messes his routine up. My instinct is to feed him, change him, have a bit of cuddle time with daddy and then into bed. Baby seems to work best this way, all the holding from the visitors seems to agitate him :(

Hi all, congrats queen of sheebs. Still astounded at the boy population in here!

All is well with us. BF going well thank god, saturday was shaky nipples were very sore but we persevered, his latch was a bit dodgy but I think we understand each other now! Squiggler sounds like we are having a similar BF experience!

I'm a little worn out from all the visitors, I have no one coming tomorrow and I honestly cannot wait to be all alone - at last. I find that the visitors are so anxious to hold baby that it really messes his routine up. My instinct is to feed him, change him, have a bit of cuddle time with daddy and then into bed. Baby seems to work best this way, all the holding from the visitors seems to agitate him :(

I know exactly what you mean about visitors taxus! We were bombarded with them the first 5 days we were home. It made everything so much harder and completely screwed up his routine.

I like to feed, burp, cuddle and back into bed. I stopped people from picking him up when they came in as he was just gettin cranky anv overtired from being handles too much. Then they were gone and I was left with a crying baby!

Put your foot down taxus and hopefully the crowd will ease off in time! X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Ericaa wrote: »
    Congratulations!

How was the hospital, and how did they treat you?

The staff on labour ward / post natel are much more organised than they are in the clinic. Found them to be great, if a little busy.

Hospital food is ok and although I hate tea dn coffee it is offered about 6 times a day.

Just home today - glad to be back!

Exactly Supa, the visitors get cheery happy baby and we're struggling to calm him down later! They mean well though, but I think I'll deffo be setting up some barriers for next few days!

Fran79 wrote: »
    The staff on labour ward / post natel are much more organised than they are in the clinic. Found them to be great, if a little busy.

Hospital food is ok and although I hate tea dn coffee it is offered about 6 times a day.

Just home today - glad to be back!
    Oh well that's nice to hear!
    I doubt I'll touch the food though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

It's a girl!!! Amy Rose arrived at 3.30 this morning, after 28 hrs of contractions! Was so exhausted by the end had to get epidural, and she has a little cone head from vacuum but she's amazing. Latched on straight away and fed for half hr.
    I'm so exhausted and can't stop staring at her. Worth every minute x

Yeah congrats Emerb second girl:D. thats a long time in labour hope you get some rest. Don't worry bout the cone head that goes down in a few days.

Congratulations emer_b! Great news, glad BF has started well and hope you and Amy Rose are home and getting rest soon.

Taxus, glad to hear that BF is going well for you too. Yes, sounds like we've had a very similar experience.

Supa, I don't know how you are coping with so many visitors. We've had a few, but by invitation. A lot of my friends have had children of their own so they know how tough it is during the first few days/weeks. We'd all agreed in advance that they'd give us a break. It's been nice having the time to get into a routine. I don't think I am getting enough sleep, not good at taking naps yet.

elaney and ericaa, I like the idea of your pact. Try to enjoy your last few days/weeks of sleeping when you feel like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

elaney wrote: »
    I had my hospital appointment today doctor reckons i can go anytime baby is fully engaged. Bring it on.

Doctor told me that last Thursday and I'm still waiting:rolleyes:

Had a nice lunch out today with OH and about to watch a dvd before the kids get home. Apart from that, nothing to report!

Congrats Queen of Shebs!

Congratulations emer_b!

Just back from another hospital appointment, met into yet another a**hole there (excuse my language!).

They've booked me in for an induction on the 3rd of October! Originally they wanted to do it on the 2nd, but it's my fathers birthday then, and I've been dreading throughout this whole pregnancy that I'll end up giving birth on the 2nd hahah, so I asked them could they do it one day later :P

I'm kinda hoping it'll be an October baby, because I was one hehe :P

Hope everyone is doing well :)

[QUOTE=Vel;80)Doctor told me that last Thursday and I'm still waiting:rolleyes:

I know Vel its really annoying i wish they could say "this is when baby will come". I have been having horrible cramps since yesterday evening but i have had these last week so i am not getting my hopes up.:(

Ericaa great to have a date although you might go before then.

How is everyone else, no word from Minty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Still here, sitting in the waiting room in Holles St as I type this. Getting lots of pressure and cramps the last few days but again, I've been getting that for the last few weeks so not getting my hopes up

Can't believe the amount of September boys! It's unreal

Congrats the the latest bunch of Mummys. Not sure I quite have my head around the fact that I'll be joining yis shortly ... I'm getting nervous now

Advertisement