Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept - Boy (Matthew) - born 17th September
    Dollyb: 11th Sept - Boy - born 13th September

sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept - Boy (Ronan) - born 20th September
    Emer_b: 21st sept - Girl (Amy Rose) - born 25th September
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July

Ericaa: 24th Sept
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept
    elaney: 28th sept
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September

Queen of sheebs: 29th sept - Boy (Daithi John) - born 24th September
    fran79: 30th sept - Boy (Kitt)- Born 22nd September
    Vel: 30thSept

Updated list.

Good luck at the hospital Minty . This could be your last appointment think of it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Thanks for all the good wishes. Going home tmrw, yea! This little girl is a big feeder, on me all the time, which is great but tiring. To be expected I'm sure!

I was told I would lose a lot of fluid after the delivery but man I'm sweating like a mad thing!

Baby grace was born this morning. Had a crap delivery she was eventually delivered by section. Thank god she is fine all nine pounds eight ounces. She is such a chubby chops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Congrats elaney! Well done lady!

Was nearly admitted with my BP yesterday. They sent me home with a 24 hour urine collection and mutterings of an induction if there is a hint of pre eclampsia so I'm back in there in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

elaney wrote: »
    Baby grace was born this morning. Had a crap delivery she was eventually delivered by section. Thank god she is fine all nine pounds eight ounces. She is such a chubby chops.

Congrats elaney!
    Wishing ye both a speedy recovery from a crappy delivery! Grace is lovely name. Great weight too!x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Congrats Elaney. Welcome Rose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Congrats elaney, love the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Congrats Elaney and welcome baby Grace! Sorry to hear you had a hard delivery. Hope you're doing ok. She was big baby for a girl! Well done you.

Congrats to all the other new mammies. It's mad the way they are all coming so close together now. Not long now for the rest of ye - minty, vel, erica. Enjoy the peace while ye can!!

Sorry to hear some of you are having loadsa visitors. Have to say our house is very quiet, now we have a second child. Had first set of callers yesterday evening and only family members in and out bar that. So if it's any consolation to ye newbies, next time ye go it shouldn't be as busy!!

Quick question folks - how long did it take for your milk to come in? Mine is still yellow in colour and thought it would be more white/fluid-like by now. Little man is a week old today, so shouldn't it have changed by now? I can't remember from my last child.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Congratulations Elaney!

Been getting light cramps all day today, and I think what you could call a 'bloody show'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Looks like I have developed pre eclampsia. I know I should be thankful I haven't got it before now but quite sad about the while thing. This puts the intervention free birth I was hoping for seriously at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Congrats Elaney and welcome baby Grace, Grace would have been one of my short list of girl names :-)
    It sounds mad but you will forget all the horrors of delivery in no time.
    Regarding visitors I've been asking them to stay away as we are knackered and want to get into some sort of routine, people understand this and don't seem at all put out. Although I have encouraged a few buddies over just for a quick visit for my own sanity.

Sorry to hear that Minty D. The last thing you need. Hang on in there, won't be long now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations Elaney.

Ericaa, hope it won't be too long for you.

Minty, sorry to hear about the pre-eclampsia, but at least you've been well and healthy up until now. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that all goes well.

Sorry minty about the pre eclampsia.i was so shocked when I had to have section but I knew it was best for baba. Looking good for baba ericaa not long now. Thank you all for the best wishes ye have been great throughout these nine months. Hopefully vel is nearly thetertoo.

Was at hospital appointment yesterday and baby is cosy as can be in there, head nicely down, good heart rate, lots of fluid, so it back in a week's time unless of course I go myself in the meantime.

I'm like a briar at the moment and I also can't stop eating!! I'm waking up in the early hours and having to pop downstairs for a snack!

I pity those having to spend too much time with me right now as I'm just not a happy camper!

The texts are coming quick and fast looking for updates and bar the odd one or two I'm completely ignoring them!

Hope all the new arrivals are continuing to do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Vel I was startving in the week before baby arrived! I also wished that I had told no one the due date! I know people mean well by asking, but its not like you are going to have the baby and not announce its birth! I turned off my phone for 5 days - it was the best thing I ever did!

baby has given up sleeping at night. settles really well during the day, but loves to be up between 1am and morning time. Had to resort to taking him into bed with us - baddddd bad mammy I know but it is the only way to get some kip and at least hes not roaring his little head off!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Vel wrote: »

The texts are coming quick and fast looking for updates and bar the odd one or two I'm completely ignoring them!

I know what you mean- I put a few sarcastic replies to some I got on facebook - seems to have worked as I didn't get many after that lol (something along the lines of " yes I had the baby I just thought that I wouldn't tell anyone")

I was constntly hungry for about 2 weeks before I went too.

Good luck anyway.

Taxus you are not a bad mummy - just tired like the rest of us lol

Minty - hope your feeling ok

Vel I was startving in the week before baby arrived! I also wished that I had told no one the due date! I know people mean well by asking, but its not like you are going to have the baby and not announce its birth! I turned off my phone for 5 days - it was the best thing I ever did!

baby has given up sleeping at night. settles really well during the day, but loves to be up between 1am and morning time. Had to resort to taking him into bed with us - baddddd bad mammy I know but it is the only way to get some kip and at least hes not roaring his little head off!

Taxus, my little one is a night owl aswell, much better to sleep during the day.
    She is absolutely refusing to sleep on her back in the basket. I'll let her nod off on my chest after feeding, try to transfer her really gently in the same blanket and she's hysterical within 5 minutes.She has slept on my chest last few nights in hospital but its not ideal. She's asleep now in one of those bouncer chairs (i.e.not flat on her back) but can't really put her in one of them for the night either.
    I've been researching online, only solutions people are suggesting are letting them continue to sleep on their parents chest, sleeping in the bed with them or letting them sleep on their tummies. None of these sound right to me at the moment! Anyone else struggling with this?

I've a night owl too, although he's Improving by the night.
    It's just the madness of sleeping less than you ever have before and having to look after a little human being. Got 7 hours sleep last night - ear plugs and spare room, feel like a different person today.

• Advertisement

L is still pretty good about sleeping at night, but the last few nights he's been waking to feed every one-and-a-half to two hours, and he takes his time feeding. As a result I'm pretty tired, but the last few days after his first reasonable hour of the morning feed (somewhere between 8 and 9) I wake his Daddy and he entertains him while I get a few more hours of sleep.

Hope that the night owls settle soon.

Squigs - my lad sounds like yours. He was great at sleeping up until last night - was only waking once for feed and again then around 6am. Last night it was about every 1-1.5 hrs from 4.30am onwards. Looks like his good nights are over!

Just want to ask the question again I posted a few days ago. Other mummies - Has your milk turned white colour yet? Mine is still quite yellow and I can't remember from last baby whether it should turn a milky white at this stage? Baby is 9 days old today. (I'm using breast shields so that's how I can tell that it's still a yellow-y colour).

jeeney wrote: »
    Squigs - my lad sounds like yours. He was great at sleeping up until last night - was only waking once for feed and again then around 6am. Last night it was about every 1-1.5 hrs from 4.30am onwards. Looks like his good nights are over!

Just want to ask the question again I posted a few days ago. Other mummies - Has your milk turned white colour yet? Mine is still quite yellow and I can't remember from last baby whether it should turn a milky white at this stage? Baby is 9 days old today. (I'm using breast shields so that's how I can tell that it's still a yellow-y colour).

Jeeney just to answer your question, my milk came in very early, started on day 2, on day 4 now and it's more white in colour. But as with everything, I've read that it varies a lot and can take up to 10 days or more.

jeeney wrote: »

That's funny that it was last night for you too :) He's a pretty hungry little guy again today, has spent more time feeding than not today.

My milk came in after about 4 days, but it can vary. One thing that should help bring it in is the night feeds, the PHN was telling me that night feeds are best for that, so maybe your sleepless nights are in a good cause :)

Emerb and squiggler - thanks a mill for that. That does reassure me somewhat. I was just bit worried it was taking so long. But maybe it will take a bit longer, and perhaps when the night feeds are more regular, it will change.

Yeah I've been feeding alot today too and he's been more awake than usual. It's funny how some days can be so different to the previous one.

Got home today really sore and stiff but so glad its over. I have a great baby sleeps 3 to four hours at a time at night hopefully its the same now she is home. I wonder has any of the others any news?

Officially overdue :(

Vel wrote: »
    Officially overdue :(
    Ah Vel, gonna be an October mammy. Hope you're not going mad waiting around!

I'm finally experiencing the famous sleep deprivation, I could cry at just about anything today. Going to bring baby for craniosacral therapy this week. No major issues with her but she had a vacuum birth and I've heard great things about it for settling the baby.

Aw Vel, I know that feeling from last time. Hopefully your little one won't keep you waiting too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Time for an update!

Had a little boy on the 28th after only four hours in the hospital :D
    Had a natural birth, which I'm so delighted about!
    We still have no name for the little mite though :P

Just home now, what a relief!

Advertisement