Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning Partner

• 14-01-2012 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

Right so i finally am biting the bullet and self studying Japanese this year. I love japan, i feel everyone should have a second language, and i am terrible at latin alphabet based languages (See my results in french and irish when i was in school haha) due to them too similar to english for my likings.

Since Japanese is based completely on a different system (which is terrible for linguists cause obviously latin languages take less time for them but good for me) So cause im starting new im looking for someone to study with. Ive only been at it for 2 weeks but im determined not to give up on it like most peoples shortly held new yr promises.

The main problem is that im a big time procrastinator and since im bad at languages i feel that i will miss days without study (cause its happened already). Its obvious long term goals are difficult to have and track in the short term if you dont have a partner. You have more determination to do things because you have someone elses goals and dont want to let them down. Like how going jogging in pairs is easier to do then on ur own, even if its just for the company and shared pain/achievement.

Im super motivated (barring my dumb procrastination), ive spent 100s on books, pc programs and ive even made my own flashcards, although other then the flash cards its a bit advanced for me atm. But having that extra (nagging) feeling that would come from a partner would do me a lot (and maybe others too) of good. And correcting and testing yourself is not only easy, its boring (since u cant really push urself as much as u can get pushed). Learning has been so fun so far (my niece even had fun doodling hiragana) but work is work and i work best in a "classroom" not on my own merit.

Ive so far memorised all of hiragana and today im starting katakana. Im looking for someone with this kinda level. Although im sure there are a few people a bit ahead of were i am, i feel like it will be more productive if people just starting out email me back. But if others want to use this post to find people as well they are free to do so.

Im hoping to hear back from very motivated people interested in Japanese from ireland (timezone wise) who are looking to start Japanese as a past-time but have never really went and did it. Im a 24 year old guy from dublin and am hoping for some around my age, cause it would be easier for us to talk. I would say one or two people would be great.

PM me and we'll get talking, id expect some messanger system with hopefully the ability for real skype chats (pronunciation) later (a good while into this experiment since its not as needed for the basics and i cant trust the interwebs haha)

Advertisement