Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do I copy photos from PC to iPhone?

• 14-01-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

:(Im not having any luck whatever way I tried. The iPhone is recognised by the computer but cannot "send" photos to it as it doesn't appear in the list of devices under "Computer" or anywhere else.

Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

mumof2 wrote: »
    :(Im not having any luck whatever way I tried. The iPhone is recognised by the computer but cannot "send" photos to it as it doesn't appear in the list of devices under "Computer" or anywhere else.

I use a programme called Dropbox. Just register, and you get up to 2GB of storage free. Download the Iphone App and hey presto you can drop your pictures into your dropbox folder on your PC and they pop up on your Iphone. Pictures, PDF Files etc.

I find it easy and painless.

It works for me.

Good Luck

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Decoda wrote: »
    I use a programme called Dropbox. Just register, and you get up to 2GB of storage free. Download the Iphone App and hey presto you can drop your pictures into your dropbox folder on your PC and they pop up on your Iphone. Pictures, PDF Files etc.

I find it easy and painless.

It works for me.

Good Luck

DC

Sounds good to me, am going to try it. Thanks very much for your tip!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mumof2 wrote: »

are you sure its not showing up as a camera under my computer/computer?
    every iphone i've had does

failing that if you go to itunes with the iphone connected click on the iphone and then the photo tab, click sync photos and select what folder you want to sync

@Guil, I'd have to connect it again to double check but I'm 99% sure it WAS showing up. However when I went to send the copied photos to the camera/iphone it then popped up a message saying device not connected or recognised:confused:

Anyhow - am using Dropbox and glad to say it works superb:D

I just email them to myself !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I just email them to myself !
    :D

Carpenter wrote: »
    :D

Good idea, Whoopsadaisydoodles, but long winded regarding downloading them again in an email and transferring them to the photo library??

If I send them to gmail, the appear as pics - no downloading required. Then hold finger down on each pic and choose save image. Suppose it would be cumbersome if there's a lot of them.

If I send them to gmail, the appear as pics - no downloading required. Then hold finger down on each pic and choose save image. Suppose it would be cumbersome if there's a lot of them.

Yes, one or two would be ok but more would be a bit of a drag........Cheers
    :)

Advertisement