Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusduggan to Kilcohan

Options
  • 14-01-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What would be the best way to get from Lisduggan to Kilcohan?
    I think the 2c goes out there but would that mean having to go to John St to get the 2c or is there a better way?

And if I was walking what would be the fastest route? How long would it take to walk? Journey planner says it's 3km away but the way I went on street view seemed a lot longer!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

The 2c bus stops opposite spar in kilcohan and a bit more up the road at st martins school at the top of cherrymount, just opposite kilcohan again!

Hope this helps!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Thanks, do you know where else it stops? If I was walking from lisduggan would it even be worth getting the bus or would I be better off just walking to Kilcohan?

I'm not to sure exactly where it stops. I know it covers kilcohan, Avondale, johns park, cherrymount, ballytruckle and that area and then into town....that general route. It's long time since I got the bus so I don't know for definite. Sorry!!:( If you got the lisduggen one into town and the kilcohan from town would that help??

As far walking all I can think of is if you go towards superquinn and up by the Ursuline school and then kilcohan is up the top of hill beside the greyhound stadium.

Suppose walkinf would probably be faster since the buses run at the same time every 20 mins so would probably end up having to wait 20 mins inbetween buses and they aren't even that reliable at the best of times!
    On google maps it shows that walking route to be an awful round about way of getting there but doesnt show any other way to get there, thought someone might know if you can cut through an estate or something instead of walking around

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

stacexD wrote: »
    Suppose walkinf would probably be faster since the buses run at the same time every 20 mins so would probably end up having to wait 20 mins inbetween buses and they aren't even that reliable at the best of times!
    On google maps it shows that walking route to be an awful round about way of getting there but doesnt show any other way to get there, thought someone might know if you can cut through an estate or something instead of walking around
    Hi there...you can shorten this walk considerably by crossing the tramore road at the entrance to superquinn (near the kingfisher gym) crossing the footbridge and taking a short-cut through cherrymount! hope this helps :D

• Advertisement

I think you can cut through the estate opposite superquinn....there's steps going up to it just off the roundabout. I'm not a 100% sure though whether it has been blocked off or not! Worth checking out though could save you 10 mins maybe...:confused:

Woohoo! :D
    Will have to check it out soon, how long a walk do ya reckon it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think you can cut through the estate opposite superquinn....there's steps going up to it just off the roundabout. I'm not a 100% sure though whether it has been blocked off or not! Worth checking out though could save you 10 mins maybe...:confused:

No that's Ursuline Court and you'll need to jump a wall. Go through the walkway and up through Cherrymount which is quicker.

Freewheeler's suggestion might be the one I was thinking of so worth checking it!! Long time since I was down so not sure which one is right:o

Maybe about 30 - 40 mins:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Woohoo! :D
    Will have to check it out soon, how long a walk do ya reckon it is?
    I'd say at a reasonable walking pace about 30mins ;)

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    No that's Ursuline Court and you'll need to jump a wall. Go through the walkway and up through Cherrymount which is quicker.

Yep that's the one!! Thanks for refreshing my memory!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, I'd say walk or bike it.

You could go through the college then through Ursaline court, I'd say 30 mins walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, I'd say walk or bike it.

You could go through the college then through Ursaline court, I'd say 30 mins walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Hi there...you can shorten this walk considerably by crossing the tramore road at the entrance to superquinn (near the kingfisher gym) crossing the footbridge and taking a short-cut through cherrymount! hope this helps :D

+1 for this

routed.jpg

Typhoon. wrote: »
    +1 for this

routed.jpg
    I was following the inner ring rd all the way around on google that was my mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The walkway their talking about is at the tramore roundabout , by the steps up to Ursuline Court ,
    Not a great route late at night if you're female on your own.

As for BUS ,if you take the lisduggan bus into the St Josephs school on parnell Street you can connect with the Johns Park/Kilcohan bus across the road outside the C.T.I.
    on the return journey get off the Johns Park bus at the chemists in Ballybricken , Lisduggan bus stops there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

No the walkway is opposite the entrance to the Kingfisher Gym... theres a set of pedestrian lights across to it

you cant get up through ursuline court anymore, its blocked off by a wall

But yeah if your female you wouldnt want to be taking this route at night, although its only 40 yards from the main road to the houses you'd still be better off avoiding after dark, just to be safe

here is the walkway on street view

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

WALK out of your house in lisduggan
    WALK down the side of the convent
    WALK down ashe road
    WALK across inner ring road
    WALK up pearce park
    WALK past the dog track
    WALK into kilcohan

i do it almost everyday and it only takes around 35 mins

Advertisement