Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] Gamers wallpapers!

Options
  • 14-01-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads, believe it or not i am still on stock windows logo since new build! :eek:

i was trying to find a good wallpaper with games in mind, but cant find anything that would tickle it the right way! :o

so anyone can share their own wallpapers? or we could even do a wallpaper thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Great idea for a thread.

Here are a few I've used (that I can think of) in the past.

I'll just post links rather than spam the thread with images I think.

Every Extend Extra - strangely, the only game which I haven't played, yet one of my favorite wallpapers.

Shadow of the Colossus

Machinarium

Katamari Damacy

Deus Ex Human Revolution 1

Deus Ex Human Revolution 2

Prey 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Good site here. The Skyrim section has some particularly nice ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Currently using this (since I wasn't able to find anything that I particularly liked that was 40k-themed :( ) from GameWallpapers, it does the job though. Unfortunately, that's the only site I know of to find game-themed wallpapers, but I can't say I go searching very often :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Google image search can be good too. Just search for a given game or theme and choose large images.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Creature wrote: »
    Good site here. The Skyrim section has some particularly nice ones.

this place is quite amazing. browsing there!

i would really be tempted with bioshock theme, but its a bit too dark and gloomy to have on desktop all day... :(

• Advertisement

Robby91 wrote: »
    Currently using this (since I wasn't able to find anything that I particularly liked that was 40k-themed :( ) from GameWallpapers, it does the job though. Unfortunately, that's the only site I know of to find game-themed wallpapers, but I can't say I go searching very often :P

hahahahahahahahahahaha i went to that website ( it is good too ) and checked ciberbabes section, all was cool untill i sow raiden in there! oh behesus that gave me some laughs! :D

i have to say: alice madness returns makes great wallpapers. creepy, but great!

When I click on wallpaper I like I am told I need to subscribe for the website! **** that! With some monthly fee too!

Still on the look :(. There are few nice futuristic female wallpapers, but I guess misses won't be happy about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im on Ultimate so I just download wallpaper slideshows from microsoft. Some pretty neat ones in there too.

as for my laptop:

http://www.artbybones.com/portfolio/port%20escher%20lemmings%201600%20220810.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What res you looking for? I have over 1000 wallpapers at mostly 1680x1050 if you want me to upload them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Bosslogic does fighting game wallpapers.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Had this one from Fallout 3 for ages. Probably my favourite one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I had the same default Windows background since Christmas too so I went on a search for a few when I saw this topic.
    What I do is I google my resolution and just go through googles image search.
    OR
    Google has a very good feature, google whatever your interested in, say "Cars" then switch to the image search and on the left hand side it has filters, in those filters there is an option "Exactly..." for the image size, then specify your res and you get relevant results to fit.

Last night I got a few Windows themed wallpapers, Assassins Creed, Skyrim and a very cool nVidia one. ATM I am using this one, http://techy4645.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Ultimate-Leather-144382596

Enderman wrote: »
    What res you looking for? I have over 1000 wallpapers at mostly 1680x1050 if you want me to upload them for you.

1080p m8. i got 2 monitors so i could even use the dual monitor walpaper, but i doubt it works on separate ress monitors as second one is 1650x1050 max.

i found one awesome fallout wallpaper, but ofc it did not had the download...

on this page wallpaper named: "come as you were", but it got download function removed :(. and that pic will be way to small resolution :(

http://deadendthrills.com/page/37/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really really like that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

The last gaming related one I had was this one. Must get a few more - I like the Skyrim and Hunter ones in particular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The last gaming related one I had was this one. Must get a few more - I like the Skyrim and Hunter ones in particular.

Is that something to do with portal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Yup, tis GLaDOS (edit: Portal 2 version, that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Bosslogic does fighting game wallpapers.
    Bosslogic is a fúcking hack, and linking his terrible Photoshopped crap should be a criminal offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

hey lads, believe it or not i am still on stock windows logo since new build! :eek:

i was trying to find a good wallpaper with games in mind, but cant find anything that would tickle it the right way! :o

so anyone can share their own wallpapers? or we could even do a wallpaper thread.

Just take some awesome screenshots and use those, its what i do :D

well got this one on for now lads:

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=77333

unfortunately i cant stretch it properly over 2 monitors as they are both different resolution :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Every Extend Extra - strangely, the only game which I haven't played, yet one of my favorite wallpapers.

Had that as my wallpaper for ages, well the wide-screen version. Didn't realise it was from a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anything good fro Dual screens?

Have Dual at home and in work and would like something nice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D wrote:
    Had that as my wallpaper for ages, well the wide-screen version. Didn't realise it was from a game.
    The original Every Extend was freeware, even.
    http://db.tigsource.com/games/every-extend

Soundtrack is by Japanese techno magician NextTribe, even!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I just tile the dancing banana gif. Gotta be about 200 of those little bastards on my monitor.

Impossible to get any work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's an absolutely brilliant high res gaming art thread over on NeoGaf. Best I've seen. I've had snapfish print some on glossy paper, they look great.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=276451&page=33

Okay for some reason NeoGaf won't open for me here in work. Could be down, might just be my connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The last gaming related one I had was this one.

'Yoink'. I really love dark minimalist wallpapers like that one, I don't like bright, messy sh*t obscuring my desktop icons. My previous wallpaper was this, semi-game-related, one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Only gaming wallpaper I currently have on my hard drive is a Bioshock one (in a odd resolution): [Link]

Like Mark Hamill, I prefer dark wallpapers that aren't too distracting. Currently rocking this non-gaming one: [Link]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

http://lifehacker.com/5876063/five-best-wallpaper-sites
    You'll probably find anything you want by searching wallbase.cc

Advertisement