Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview with Herron & Son...Any advice?

• 14-01-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hey guys. I have an interview with Herron for a Sales Rep position.Just wondering if anyone else has got one.I have worked in Sales before but was based in a call centre.I am a farmer and know a lot about the Agri industry.Any advice would be appreciated.
    Anybody know if there a good company to work with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

Lucky man,Herron are a great company making good products.I'm afraid I am of no use interview-wise to you ut I'm sure if you land the job you will have no problem selling their kit!.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Typical sales interview question:

If your target per week is X and coming towards the end of the week you are not making that target, what action will you take?

Also, what will be your sales pitch/approach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Generic rules for preparing for an interview
    • Know their products. Find out what their unique selling points are. Is it quality, value for money, back up service etc.
    • Find out about the company too, where they have factories, offices, how many they employ etc
    • Know your own CV, be it true or slight exageration:D. A lot of people get caught out this way.
    • Also, if you don't know the answer to a question, say you don't know, don't bull**** them
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

pakalasa wrote: »
    Generic rules for preparing for an interview
    • Know their products. Find out what their unique selling points are. Is it quality, value for money, back up service etc.
    • Find out about the company too, where they have factories, offices, how many they employ etc
    • Know your own CV, be it true or slight exageration:D. A lot of people get caught out this way.
    • Also, if you don't know the answer to a question, say you don't know, don't bull**** them
    Best of luck.

Great advice. On the last point, it's usually easy enough to spot a bull****ter. It's rarely vital to know the answer to every question, but it's always handy to know where to go to get the answer.
    What irratates me is this Google generation, that knows everything but understands nothing!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

yourpics wrote: »
    Typical sales interview question:

If your target per week is X and coming towards the end of the week you are not making that target, what action will you take?

Also, what will be your sales pitch/approach?

I will be dealing directly with the Hardware's.I will tell them the reasons Herron's products excel compared to their rivals.Long time established and they make great products.
    Glad you posted that question definitely a hard one that Im going have to get the thinking cap on for.No doubt their going to badger me on the targets,expected.Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

Hope no one here works for Heron & Son!

Good luck with the interview - my two cents would be to be honest and friendly, any company can teach you anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Know of interviews heard lately where each of the 6 candidates rattled off the badly out of date information on the company website....

Didn't do them anygood, if they had done a proper search they would have seen the company was in the middle of restructuring.

Figerty wrote: »
    Know of interviews heard lately where each of the 6 candidates rattled off the badly out of date information on the company website....

Didn't do them anygood, if they had done a proper search they would have seen the company was in the middle of restructuring.
    Thanks for that.I was looking at the website and thought it might be out of date.Im going do up a list of potential providers for Herron products,try and cover 3 to 4 counties.Going try and do as much research on my feet as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

I will be dealing directly with the Hardware's.I will tell them the reasons Herron's products excel compared to their rivals.Long time established and they make great products.
    Glad you posted that question definitely a hard one that Im going have to get the thinking cap on for.No doubt their going to badger me on the targets,expected.Any advice?

Sorry I can't give you anymore advice. I just know these are common questions from sales interviews I have done (unsuccessfully!).
    I don't actually work in sales.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement