Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough cost of attic conversion with dormer window??

Options
  • 14-01-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Rough cost of attic dormer??
    hi all , i have planning permission which runs out in August!!, for an attic conversion with a dormer window.Its a 3 bed semi in Dublin .

Does anyone have a rough cost of getting the basics done which would fulfill the PP side of it,ie the rsj's,flooring ,dormer window,moving of water tanks etc??
    I just want to cover the PP and I can finish the job later on.

Is putting the stairs in a job which needs to be done now or can that wait, im wondering how will they bring the RSJ's up??
    so if anyone has rough costs or if i left out anything important please let me know.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

It all depends on what you consider a rough cost, would that be the actual cost +/- 10%, 20% 50% or 200% etc. Apart fro the fact the house is a 3 bed semi, the information you have provided is of little help to give a guide price. The best advise I would offer is to engage a professional, arch technician/technologist, architect, with structural eng. input or other building professional to prepare a set of tender drawings/documents and obtain some quotations, that way you will know what it will cost, that the works will done correctly and in compliance with the regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Bear in mind OP that you can apply for an extension to your planning permission if you wanted to hold off for a period of time so you can get it all done in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

I would also like to know what price can I expect to pay for the actual build of (full width) dormer attic conversion. How to make sure the builder provides good quality services (properly sealed, insulated, right material used, etc). I am still waiting for planning permission, but all has been submitted, we have blueprints, etc. Our plan is to have stairs built, dormer window and ensuite bedroom. How much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

GhanGee wrote: »
    I would also like to know what price can I expect to pay for the actual build of (full width) dormer attic conversion. How to make sure the builder provides good quality services (properly sealed, insulated, right material used, etc). I am still waiting for planning permission, but all has been submitted, we have blueprints, etc. Our plan is to have stairs built, dormer window and ensuite bedroom. How much did it cost you?

Pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement