Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence question

Options
  • 14-01-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Would it be possible to get a licence for a mauser 98k for target shooting?
    I was reading through the legislation and it mentions not exceeding 7.62, the 98k is chambered in 8mm mauser/7.92x57mm. Then again I could have read it wrong as the legislation is practically indecipherable :rolleyes:
    Could anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Would it be possible to get a licence for a mauser 98k for target shooting?
    I was reading through the legislation and it mentions not exceeding 7.62, the 98k is chambered in 8mm mauser/7.92x57mm. Then again I could have read it wrong as the legislation is practically indecipherable :rolleyes:
    Could anyone enlighten me?
    I no a lad who has one and uses it for target shooting so its possible anyway. Prob depends on your super as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

yes there classed as restricted and need approval from your CS but its not impossible to do. As an alternative the Norwegians chambered there k98s in .308. They can be licenced as non restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spiderpig101

Thanks a lot gents ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Or you could get a Swedish M38 in 6.5X55:)
    index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=5954

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Or a portuguese mauser in 7x57 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Or a Swiss K31 or Schmidt-Rubin in 7.5x55 Swiss....

tac

Advertisement