Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP 5.3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

collier wrote: »
    Is this any indication that we should see this soon http://kb.parallels.com/en/114457
    Not really - we don't use Plesk on shared.
    We're currently waiting on a reply from Parallels with respect to timelines - I'd expect either myself or Paul (flamegrill) will be able to provide an update in the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

For those of us using Joomla and still waiting since Jan 2012, yes its now Feb 2013, for PHP 5.3 to be made available this may be very much of interest to us all
    https://www.arvixe.com/
    Quite an interesting selection of feature and Prices

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

Hi

Any news on this? My subscription is due to expire soon and was wondering if I should be looking elsewhere or will this be sorted soon?

Thanks
    Dara

Trojan00 wrote: »
    Hi

Any news on this? My subscription is due to expire soon and was wondering if I should be looking elsewhere or will this be sorted soon?

Thanks
    Dara
    Our CTO has been out of the office for the last couple of days, but we are meant to be getting the upgrade in the next few weeks - before the end of the month I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Just had an email from the Blacknight Status email list saying that the shared linux servers are going to be upgraded to PHP 5.3.3 on Tuesday March 12

http://www.blacknightstatus.com/2013/03/announcement-php-5217-being-upgraded-to-php-533-on-tuesday-march-12.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Just had an email from the Blacknight Status email list saying that the shared linux servers are going to be upgraded to PHP 5.3.3 on Tuesday March 12

http://www.blacknightstatus.com/2013/03/announcement-php-5217-being-upgraded-to-php-533-on-tuesday-march-12.html
    This is all well and good for linux customers but what about your Windows client base... you need to use the same card with Parallels as customers are using with yourselves. (If it's not done another provider will gain the custom)

This is all well and good for linux customers but what about your Windows client base... you need to use the same card with Parallels as customers are using with yourselves. (If it's not done another provider will gain the custom)
    I'll check on the status of Windows + PHP.

I'm awaiting a firm date from our technical team, but we'd expect to be doing the upgrade on the Windows Server cluster a few days after we've done it on the Linux one.

Blacknight wrote: »
    I'm awaiting a firm date from our technical team, but we'd expect to be doing the upgrade on the Windows Server cluster a few days after we've done it on the Linux one.

Cool that's great news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

That (PHP 5.3 on Windows) should have been done by Parallels as part of the POA upgrade.

• Advertisement

Waiting to install Joomla 3 on Blacknight and need PHP 5.3.1  what is the update on this. It seems from your announcement page it has been postponed from the 12th March

skippy2 wrote: »
    Waiting to install Joomla 3 on Blacknight and need PHP 5.3.1  what is the update on this. It seems from your announcement page it has been postponed from the 12th March
    Waiting on a new upgrade date - hopefully we'll have one this week. Please keep an eye on our status site for updates

thanks for the quick reply
    What version of Joomla is on the web applications page for install on blacknight as i cannot see the version number anywhere?

Any word on the Windows nodes?

We are currently testing the upgrade process on Windows nodes and will have more information on a timeline for upgrading all nodes shortly. I would expect it to be completed in under 2 weeks.

We are currently testing the upgrade process on Windows nodes and will have more information on a timeline for upgrading all nodes shortly. I would expect it to be completed in under 2 weeks.
    Thanks for that Alan :)

Hey Alan - have you got any more updates for us on this?

The testing generated some issues which we have been working to resolve, we have started testing again now and aim to install 5.3 next week all going well.

The testing generated some issues which we have been working to resolve, we have started testing again now and aim to install 5.3 next week all going well.
    Cool thanks for that :) ... Do you know which version of 5.3 we expect to see?

• Advertisement

1 Month on from my last post - have we got any more information on PHP 5.3?

Hi Collier apologies for the delay, we hit some issues while testing, we aim to have it completed next week.

Hi Collier apologies for the delay, we hit some issues while testing, we aim to have it completed next week.
    Any sign of this upgrade happening?

Any sign of this upgrade happening?
    @Collier
    Alan is on holidays this week so I'll ask our technical team if they have any update on this

Michele

Hi Collier

We hit some further issues while testing, we are working to resolve these and roll out the upgrade ASAP, I will update this thread with more details in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Anymore news on the 5.3 upgrade for Windows servers?

One of your competitors have recently launched both php 5.4 and 5.5 on their shared packages

PHP 5.3 is available on new Windows 2008 R2 Subscriptions, we are still working on rolling it out to 2008 and 2003 subscriptions.

PHP 5.3 is available on new Windows 2008 R2 Subscriptions, we are still working on rolling it out to 2008 and 2003 subscriptions.
    Any idea when PEMWINWEB08 will be upgraded?

Advertisement