Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on your own?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I enjoy drinking on my own. I dont get out much because either I cant afford it or have no babysitter. I love when the kids go to bed on a friday or saturday night and I can open a bottle of wine and curl up with the laptop. Sounds so sad when you type it out lol. The only downside to that is if I over do it and wake up in a panic next morning thinks **** what did I post:o

I think that's perfectly reasonable. I love a drink on my own as well. I love nothing more than coming home from hard days work and opening up a nice can of Bavaria:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Another drinking on your own thread. Get comfortable with your own opinion and yourself OP! Other people are idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seen as nearly everyone is positive / neutral, have you ever got completely sh!tfaced at home drinking on your own?

Once, drank a bottle of Southern Comfort in 3 hours while playing a few seasons of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '04. Didn't realise until i went to stand up. Fell straight over!

I do enjoy having a bottle of Rheinbacher when i come home from work at 6am. Normally, after a (normal)shift of work people watch tv for a while, have a cuppa, etc. At 6am it's usually straight to bed, and a bottle or two can help you relax that little bit quicker and get to sleep quicker.

Also, have been caught a few times by the "everyone is meeting at x time" and being the only one to turn up on time...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.[/FONT]

Might be of use to you.

:confused:

Never have the need for fourth rate poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

cloptrop wrote: »
    yep , more often than i remember , i am quite happpy with my drinking problem though , im a jovial drunk , i dont drink before the kids are in bed ,dont get aggressive , stay away from spirits , why should people judge me

And at least if your drink is spiked and you are taken advantage of, you can narrow down the possibilities of who did it!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Some people have warped views of alcohol, I often enjoy a beer or two alone and people have often said it's 'sad' or that's it's a sign of alcoholism. These same people then proceed to go out on the weekends to get drunk enough to puke and almost pass out, with which they see as not a problem as they're not alone. Makes perfect sense to me. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The only downside to that is if I over do it and wake up in a panic next morning thinks **** what did I post:o

Most everyone on boards has done this :D

Hesitantly clicking on post history to check what kind of muck you were posting the night before

Usually it's pretty normal posts
    And the spelling is very good, almost better then what you do with no drink taken :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Seen as nearly everyone is positive / neutral, have you ever got completely sh!tfaced at home drinking on your own?

I don't see anything wrong with that either. I don't have kids so i don't have to be worried about them, so i can do it freely.

What is the difference between getting pissed with your friends on a Saturday than getting pissed on your own on a Saturday? One is more socially acceptable but i couldn't give a **** to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Once, drank a bottle of Southern Comfort in 3 hours while playing a few seasons of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '04. Didn't realise until i went to stand up. Fell straight over!

I do enjoy having a bottle of Rheinbacher when i come home from work at 6am. Normally, after a (normal)shift of work people watch tv for a while, have a cuppa, etc. At 6am it's usually straight to bed, and a bottle or two can help you relax that little bit quicker and get to sleep quicker.

Also, have been caught a few times by the "everyone is meeting at x time" and being the only one to turn up on time...

Ah pure class!!! Love the Southern Comfort story!! Had a similar experience with it once (but only three quarters of the duty free bottle). Legs wouldn't go up the stairs.

You gave me a good reminder / laugh there. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Zebra3 wrote: »
    :confused:

Never have the need for fourth rate poetry.

Its the A.A. prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

ill open a can of carlsberg to this thread now,all this drink talk has me gone to the fridge for my 6-pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

like most enjoyable things - moderation is the key.

anyone wanna join me or am i all alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Drinking on your own is fantastic. Good company, few fights, nobody hogging the loo and guaranteed sex at the end.

Class

Couldn't sum it up any better..!!

Drink up OP..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

cloptrop wrote: »
    your not on your own , yourr on the computer
    cloptrop slurs this into his keyboard

very good point, if i figure out how to thanks I would! but your right!!

i dont think there will be guaranteed sex after my 6-pack tonite lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I use to like a few cans and a good video. I miss that night:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

bassy wrote: »
    i dont think there will be guaranteed sex after my 6-pack tonite lol

Another brave armless AH poster. I salute you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will
    philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
    that when you were young you had the balls to not care and more importantly to let them know you didnt! :D

Another brave armless AH poster. I salute you sir!

enlighten me on the AH part.i use a straw to drink the can ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I love a pint out with the lads!

But i also like my own company at times, how do you feel about drinking on your own..either in a pub or at home?

I sometimes drink at home alone, watch a couple of films or DVDs and i love it, but some friends think it is weird or sad!

Personally i couldn't give a fcuk what they think, it is just most think it is weird or wrong in some sort of way.

How do you feel?

Sure you aren't alone when you have all of us keeping you company!!!;)

This is where i trot out my fave statement..

I love my computer, because all my friends are in it!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ok, its grand drinking on your own at home with a disclaimer. If you're down and depressed, do not do it, it flucks you up big time with all sorts of thoughts some dangerous going through your mind!

Now if in a pub no matter what day of the week where you need to unwind, what bothers me when drinking on your own is where is the guarantee that your seat is safe when you go to the jacks? And who will mind your coat on the stool whilst you're gone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Once again, you're never alone with a newspaper.

and by newspaper you mean the adultchannel right.....

gurramok wrote: »
    Ok, its grand drinking on your own at home with a disclaimer. If you're down and depressed, do not do it, it flucks you up big time with all sorts of thoughts some dangerous going through your mind!

?!

Ah sure no problem with it, helps you forget the bad stuff, or does for me. Also helps me pass out. hmmm maybe it's not a good idea

BadGirl wrote: »
    Sure you aren't alone when you have all of us keeping you company!!!;)

This is where i trot out my fave statement..

I love my computer, because all my friends are in it!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

badgirl i really like your name now,as i flick open another can here.could turn on to be a good nite yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

AG2R wrote: »
    Ah sure no problem with it, helps you forget the bad stuff, or does for me. Also helps me pass out. hmmm maybe it's not a good idea

LOL, drink in that situation only helps you escape the reality of any bad news. Believe me i've gone thru it and only since i've cut back on drink i've seen the light. Do ya see the light pilgrim? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

drinking at home is not a problem, drinking in empty mind or house could be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

Drinking on your own is grand. You tend not to make an eejit of yourself or lose stuff.

better get all them cans stocked up before the bloody government rockets the price of a auld can ;)

• Advertisement

Drinking on your own is grand. You tend not to make an eejit of yourself or lose stuff.

I lost the tv remote one night, Woke up the next morning it was in the bath. Still to this day don't remember how it got there

Advertisement