Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on your own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

the cloptrop got 5 beers tonight and is now eyeing up a fancy looking white wine in the fridge thats been theresince christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Love drinking on my own and and I frequently do it on most weekends considering I don't get to go out much these days. The GF heads to bed early most nights so I scamper off and just spend a few hours relaxing with a movie, online games with mates, or just browse old TV intros :pac:

I'm a night owl so it's the only time I really get time to just myself.

*slurps drink*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Love drinking on my own and and I frequently do it on most weekends considering I don't get to go out much these days. The GF heads to bed early most nights so I scamper off and just spend a few hours relaxing with a movie, online games with mates, or just browse old TV intros :pac:

I'm a night owl so it's the only time I really get time to just myself.

*slurps drink*

This is me, except substitute the games with Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

bassy wrote: »
    anyone wanna join me or am i all alone :D

*cracks open 2nd of 8 budweiser cans*

slainte bassy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭bassy

BadGirl wrote: »
    This is me, except substitute the games with Boards :D

a few more cans here,then i think i,m gonna make a move on you badgirl :)

• Advertisement

nice_very wrote: »
    *cracks open 2nd of 8 budweiser cans*

slainte bassy!

get in there very_nice :D

cloptrop wrote: »
    the cloptrop got 5 beers tonight and is now eyeing up a fancy looking white wine in the fridge thats been theresince christmas

go on the cloptrop or should that be clovedrop with a dash a whiskey lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

AG2R wrote: »
    I lost the tv remote one night, Woke up the next morning it was in the bath. Still to this day don't remember how it got there

You went to the bathroom with the remote in your hand, placed it on the edge of the bath and it slipped in. Then you went to bed and forgot about it.

Case closed.:P

I drink alone every so often when watching a film/comedy series. Probably drink alone more than withother people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Same here, I love just cranking the sounds up and cracking a beer open on my own with no one in my ear complaining about all their drunken problems every time i went to the pub, because i used to be a pubaholic, i would spend more time in the pub with mates but after a long while of this i got seriously bored of the same old banter and drunks that can't hold their drink so i decided one day to give up drinking in the pub and it was the best thing i ever done.

I can now relax at home on my own and enjoy a few beers and enjoy my own company as this is my choice and i have a good time none the less. I don't have kids and i'm single now so i'm happy as larry as I actually enjoy my own company and having to just enjoy myself with no one wreaking my head is a god-send.

those friends the o.p has are not secure within themselves to enjoy their own company and that imo seems very odd because if you cannot enjoy your own company with a few beers on your own then there's something weird going on, i find that very strange. maybe they just like drinking in pubs all the time just to talk garbage drunktalk as i have seen night in night out. get stuck in and relax and enjoy a few movies and a few beers in moderation and will be all good. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Red Hand wrote: »
    You went to the bathroom with the remote in your hand, placed it on the edge of the bath and it slipped in. Then you went to bed and forgot about it.

Case closed.:P

I drink alone every so often when watching a film/comedy series. Probably drink alone more than withother people.

or alternatively , he went on a bender, pulled the bath down the stairs and left it beside his TV.

Case not closed , Columbo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

a few more cans here,then i think i,m gonna make a move on you badgirl :)

Hands off, she only likes Mods :cool:

:pac:

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Hands off, she only likes Mods :cool:

:pac:

i say let badgirl be the judge of that,slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Iv lately been going out by myself for a few pints and watch what ever match is on. I don't particularly like it but with the hours I work and the fact none of my mates are around much at weekends, Saturdays are the most common day for my few pints sitting at the bar by myself watching the match.

Am I sad or what?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

i say let badgirl be the judge of that,slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny guy, ey? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

half an hour into taxi driver on rte 2....... :)

mattjack wrote: »
    or alternatively , he went on a bender, pulled the bath down the stairs and left it beside his TV.

Case not closed , Columbo.
    i just hope you used lube,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on the bath not the remote ye pervert , getting it down the stairs could damage the bannisters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Advantages of drinking alone:
    • No drunk arsewipes to deal with
    • No drunken fights to pull apart
    • No having to listen to someone cry about something they wouldn't care less about sober while pretending to actually give a shìte.
    • No random "Is there a God" and other drink-fueled debates
    • Nobody constantly asking you for fags
    • No screeching women
    • No "I'm well hard, me!" wannabe tough guys because they didn't wretch from a Jagerbomb
    • No waiting 15 minutes to get to the bar, get fùckin' served, and sit back down....................only to realise some twat stole your seat / stool.
    • You won't log onto Facebook, worrying what fresh pictures somebody tagged your horrendous looking face on.

Disadvantages of drinking alone:
    • Nobody is around to hear your solutions to all of the world's problems :pac:
    • Crap movies are ten times funnier when you have mates with you to pull the piss out of it.
    • You'll run out of beer and realise you'd like to have more.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Funny guy, ey? :p

funny no,being realistic ye :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Iv lately been going out by myself for a few pints and watch what ever match is on. I don't particularly like it but with the hours I work and the fact none of my mates are around much at weekends, Saturdays are the most common day for my few pints sitting at the bar by myself watching the match.

Am I sad or what?:(

Who minds your seat when you have to go? Or else you have one mother phucker of a bladder in that you never have to go to the Gents?! :)

Oh by the way, no problem with a bloke going to the pub to watch the footie on his own, fair play to ya ;)

nice_very wrote: »
    half an hour into taxi driver on rte 2....... :)

ah come on very_nice anything a little bit more exciting?.:D

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote: »
    Who minds your seat when you have to go? Or else you have one mother phucker of a bladder in that you never have to go to the Gents?! :)

Oh by the way, no problem with a bloke going to the pub to watch the footie on his own, fair play to ya ;)

Ahhh it wouldn't be busy when I'm there so no prob with people taking seats. It's not that I want to watch the match on me own, just the lads all go home at weekends so I'm all on my lonesome :o

Still I don't mind, few drinks, match and watch the world go by. I could be doing worse I suppose!

Yeah i think its better i drank that wine now , it could be really dangerous if i let it fall into the wrong hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

cloptrop wrote: »
    Yeah i think its better i drank that wine now , it could be really dangerous if i let it fall into the wrong hands.

That's something like i would do, but please believe me, you WILL regret it in the morning :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ahhh it wouldn't be busy when I'm there so no prob with people taking seats. It's not that I want to watch the match on me own, just the lads all go home at weekends so I'm all on my lonesome :o

Still I don't mind, few drinks, match and watch the world go by. I could be doing worse I suppose!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;)

Now sing along to that 'i'm on my own' tune by yer wan from the 90's or was it 80's :)

Ah only messing, fair play to you. I often drop into the pub by my lonesome for a couple of pints to wind down mostly after shopping whilst been in town(Dublin), its easier than one thinks to drink on your own but must admit it does be uneasy being the only one there on a Sat night :(:)

BadGirl wrote: »
    That's something like i would do, but please believe me, you WILL regret it in the morning :D:D:D

badgirl can i pm you now ;) lol

Id regret it more if i woke up in the morning and drank it then , get it done and over with , thats what i always say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

At home i'd be fine with it. in a pub i'd be fine with it, if it wasn't late, when people are out in groups. if i'd a book or a paper, I'd like it though.

Definitely agree. I'd be comfortable reading a book or newspaper in a pub up until about 5pm. As for drinking alone at home, often I'll stay up watching a DVD with a few cans until 2 or 3am. Bliss!

has everyone gone asleep on the job ?.

gurramok wrote: »
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;)

Now sing along to that 'i'm on my own' tune by yer wan from the 90's or was it 80's :)

Ah only messing, fair play to you. I often drop into the pub by my lonesome for a couple of pints to wind down mostly after shopping whilst been in town(Dublin), its easier than one thinks to drink on your own but must admit it does be uneasy being the only one there on a Sat night :(:)

I haven't stayed out late and I dunno how I'd feel if I was there by myself.

I like having the match on, it's my comfort :D

I'd def feel out of place if I was by myself and there were groups of people around me late at night!

• Advertisement

nah man i just need a piss a drink and a smoke . I have to get up for all 3

Advertisement