Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on your own?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Yup I'm doing it right now.

If I had money, I wouldn't be, though.

That said, it has almost infinite advantages to it, when compared with going on a night out. The main one being I don't regret being alive the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

bassy wrote: »
    has everyone gone asleep on the job ?.

Nope, it's only early yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

I haven't stayed out late and I dunno how I'd feel if I was there by myself.

I like having the match on, it's my comfort :D

I'd def feel out of place if I was by myself and there were groups of people around me late at night!

i know how you feel m8,but sure you get chatting to folk in pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Im doing it now too, unfortunately only had 2 glasses of wine in the house so started on the half bottle of vodka, only problem now is I'm down to one fag, bleak:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

bassy wrote: »
    i know how you feel m8,but sure you get chatting to folk in pub.

True, and it makes a big difference when the bar man actually enjoy's his job. Makes the experience less daunting!

Jesus I envy everyone in this thread drinking!! I'v no beer!:(:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

OP just tell your friends your having one or two.
    "Its not like your cloptrop drinking an australian white out of a jam jar while trying to pierce you ear with afork"
    Theyll understand.

I've come in late & got thru a 6 pack of Stella; next up (I think) couple of bottles of wine in t'fridge. Red or White?
    White man , you know the rule , white on your own is cool , red is for vampires

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

I've come in late & got thru a 6 pack of Stella; next up (I think) couple of bottles of wine in t'fridge. Red or White?

gotta be white,the red is the last resort.

True, and it makes a big difference when the bar man actually enjoy's his job. Makes the experience less daunting!

Jesus I envy everyone in this thread drinking!! I'v no beer!:(:mad::mad:

I'll share my vodka if you throw me a fag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Drinking on your own is fantastic. Good company, few fights, nobody hogging the loo and guaranteed sex at the end.

That comment made me laugh more than I have in days. :D
    I wish I could thank it twice.
    I'm not drinking btw.

• Advertisement

Mixing the grape and the grain, you will be crying in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

I'll share my vodka if you throw me a fag.

Iv don't smoke, so I cant.

Hmmmm id love some drink

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm just in from the local, had a great a night but its not over yet, I have 6 cans in the fridge that I tend to enjoy on my own. I love this time, I get to youtube all my favourite songs without any voices of dissent and just chillax in my own company for a couple of hours.

I'm just in from the local, had a great a night but its not over yet, I have 6 cans in the fridge that I tend to enjoy on my own. I love this time, I get to youtube all my favourite songs without any voices of dissent and just chillax in my own company for a couple of hours.
    Yeah theres nothing better than putting on a song and not having to listen to someone telling you its ****e. GO GET YER OWN RADIO IM HAPPY WITH MINE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

every town has a pub where lone drinkers can go,wielding a newspaper and have a few...as for drinking alone at home,nothing so bad about that as long as its nightly thing,heck im doing it rightnow watching some joyriding flick from norn Ireland...

every town has a pub where lone drinkers can go,wielding a newspaper and have a few...as for drinking alone at home,nothing so bad about that as long as its nightly thing,heck im doing it rightnow watching some joyriding flick from norn Ireland...
    triedto watch it,ended up on internet though its poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Can't drink on my own, don't know why but I really can't see the appeal of sitting on my own drinking away and having no one to talk to or anything. If I was on my own at home for the night I'd watch a film, DVD, etc. but I'd never consider getting a few cans, but then again I'm a social drinker and always have been, I only ever drink when I'm with friends..

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Can't drink on my own, don't know why but I really can't see the appeal of sitting on my own drinking away and having no one to talk to or anything. If I was on my own at home for the night I'd watch a film, DVD, etc. but I'd never consider getting a few cans, but then again I'm a social drinker and always have been, I only ever drink when I'm with friends..

Are you not among friends here??? :D:D:D

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    When ye need someone to talk to when your drinking its because your the type of person a lone drinker avoids , silence is your friend , bottle them feelings i dont wanna hear them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I;m back, was re-reading a few threads.. did I miss anything........ 3 of 8 bud left now, buzzing quite nicely :D

• Advertisement

i have no kids to get up with in the morning , this could drag on till about 5 ish , the chair is poking my back , may move this to the couch and make a night of it

cloptrop wrote: »
    i have no kids to get up with in the morning , this could drag on till about 5 ish , the chair is poking my back , may move this to the couch and make a night of it

I do have kids to get up with in the morning, luckily they can make their own brekkie :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭allovertheshop

had taxi driver on pause so jsut finishing up watching it now too and also down to last cig but already have half can drank so can't make it to shop to get more:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

degens... *passes out*

BadGirl wrote: »
    I do have kids to get up with in the morning, luckily they can make their own brekkie :D:D:D
    you should try get rid of them every now and then . Its makes lone drinking so worthwhile, Wont have to see a nappy till about 4 tomorrow afternoon. I think lone drinking is much better when you have children , you appreciate the silence alot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

had taxi driver on pause so jsut finishing up watching it now too and also down to last cig but already have half can drank so can't make it to shop to get more:(

*passes over (thru the miracle of internet), a can of bud and 2 marlboro lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Getting in after a late shift or just on a wed I like to kick back with a couple, would rarely be any more then 3.

What annoys me is getting invited to mates gaff for a few beers and you arrive and they stick on a film, Id rather converse in that situation. Its even worse when they didn't wait for you to arrive and you've missed the start. In which case I will invariably ruin it for everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭allovertheshop

cheers very nice, wish it was that simple. it's either a 20 minute round trip to shop, walking, or bed! can't stay drinking without smokes!

cloptrop wrote: »
    you should try get rid of them every now and then . Its makes lone drinking so worthwhile, Wont have to see a nappy till about 4 tomorrow afternoon. I think lone drinking is much better when you have children , you appreciate the silence alot more.

Been a while since i had to deal with nappies thank fook...
    And i agree with you about appreciating the silence, i fully believe it's why i am such a night owl... LOVE the silence.....

• Advertisement

nice_very wrote: »
    *passes over (thru the miracle of internet), a can of bud and 2 marlboro lights
    What makes man?
    Finding a 24 hour garage at 4 in the morning for smokes and a sandwhich
    and still having enough money to get the taxi to the top of your road

Advertisement