Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on your own?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

cloptrop wrote: »
    What about drinking in the dark with nothing but absolute quiet, there could be a teddy there for comfort but not too big that you would feel threatened by him. You used to have a cat but he left and took her with him.
    Is this normal?

Jaysus cloptrop, put down the beer and go to bed luv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

Sometimes I manage to sneak a glass of coke before I go to bed. Mammy has no idea. ITS GREAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I was out drinking in a friends house over the christmas and fell asleep at about 5 am , this is completely normal being a friend ive known maybe 15 years now, I woke up to find i had one eyebrow,
    He was holding a grudge since we were 15 and i shaved his,
    What kind of psycho holds a grudge that long. Anyhu its nearly all grown back .
    This would never have happened if I had of just stayed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I was out drinking in a friends house over the christmas and fell asleep at about 5 am , this is completely normal being a friend ive known maybe 15 years now, I woke up to find i had one eyebrow,
    He was holding a grudge since we were 15 and i shaved his,
    What kind of psycho holds a grudge that long. Anyhu its nearly all grown back .
    This would never have happened if I had of just stayed in.

LOL. Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I spent 5 or 6 hours in the local on me own last thursday.There was nobody else in the pub only 2 barmaids and i knocked as much craic out of them as i would of had if the lads were there.The friend then tries to tell me i have some problem to be drinking in the pub on me own :confused:

• Advertisement

I spent 5 or 6 hours in the local on me own last thursday.There was nobody else in the pub only 2 barmaids and i knocked as much craic out of them as i would of had if the lads were there.The friend then tries to tell me i have some problem to be drinking in the pub on me own :confused:
    Johnny you need to get a new local man , empty on a thursday ,
    oh and just to let you know the lounge girls are paid to make you think they think youare great compnay, like any job they prob go and bitch about you when they on the lunchbreak, its just like anyother job and you are the customer.
    Dont be goin the pub on your own payin 5 times the price for the drink because there are lounge girls there, just get a bag of excelsior for about 80p a can out of lidl and sit on a bench in your local shopping centre, much more fun.

Johnny you need to get a new local man , empty on a thursday ,
    oh and just to let you know the lounge girls are paid to make you think they think youare great compnay, like any job they prob go and bitch about you when they on the lunchbreak, its just like anyother job and you are the customer.
    Dont be goin the pub on your own payin 5 times the price for the drink because there are lounge girls there, just get a bag of excelsior for about 80p a can out of lidl and sit on a bench in your local shopping centre, much more fun.

Lol mate i was in at 9'0 clock and the pub is only in a village.The barmaids by the way one of them is 50 odd and married to my uncle and i do be meeting the other barmaid :p

Thats not drinking on yer own then its having a few in the company of family.

Thats not drinking on yer own then its having a few in the company of family.

I'm going to have to class it as drinking on my own seeing as i was the only person in the bar drinking :D

I'm going to have to class it as drinking on my own seeing as i was the only person in the bar drinking :D
    What if the missus has been pregnant for the last 9 years solid are you an alco for having a few while she isnt drinking?
    Your still the only one drinking.

• Advertisement

What if the missus has been pregnant for the last 9 years solid are you an alco for having a few while she isnt drinking?
    Your still the only one drinking.

If your missus has been pregnant for 9 years she would have more to worry about than your drinking :D

If your missus has been pregnant for 9 years she would have more to worry about than your drinking :D
    Thats gonna be wan big baby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I often play a bit of FIFA on Xbox live with a bottle of wine and a box of fags. I love Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Had 3 pints the other evening in a local country bar. Only the owner there with me, grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The Irish Pub culture has as much to do with the fact that some Irish think drinking home alone is odd when most European countrys like France and Italy (with their wines ) and Germany Hollond (with their beers ) have always had a drinking at home culture ,same in America and Australia so no reason why it should be any different in Ireland . I've always enjoyed a few beers or bottles of wine at home at the weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Do you often drink alone? And if so, how much would you drink? I would drink alone the odd time, maybe once every two weeks just while watching television or on the internet. Never more than a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

If it is more than when with company, you have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

It can range from 2-3 cans to bottle of whiskey or brandy.

Depends on how strong the goo for drink is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

and how does that make you feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I don't drink much at all, I have a horse to support so I give up nights in/out so I can feed her ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I don't drink much at all, I have a horse to support so I give up nights in/out so I can feed her ....

Same but replace horse with kid and bank manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

If it is more than when with company, you have a problem.

Hah! No, it isn't more than with company! But it isn't like I would be getting pissed, just a few glasses of wine to relax.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm a business man, sometimes in my local, I share a drink with the waitress who like to practice politics.

But its better than drinking alone.

Na nee na, na ne na, nee nee naa, de da.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with a recent similar topic.

Me, I very rarely drink alcohol alone as to me it's a social thing, it's weird for me to drink and there is no-one there to chat with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You know Sarah Jessica Parker???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm a business man, sometimes in my local, I share a drink with the waitress who like to practice politics.

But its better than drinking alone.

Na nee na, na ne na, nee nee naa, de da.:pac:

We just got ourselves a Ronan Collins listener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Same but replace horse with kid and bank manager.

I like to think of her as practice before I get the kid and bank manager ...
    Dean09 wrote: »
    You know Sarah Jessica Parker???

She's a good personal friend of mine, that being said she's been sad a lot lately, has such a long face on her ....

Advertisement