Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Three network ever come to Enniskillen

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

as title will the three network ever come to Enniskillen let alone Fermanagh, if not what network has the best 3g coverage and deals on prepay:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Aren't Three being paid by the government to cover the whole country?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

O2-uk they have excellent coverage and 3G when you put in £15 you get unlimited calls texts and internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

GarIT wrote: »
    Aren't Three being paid by the government to cover the whole country?

I know Three Ireland have the contract to supply rural broadband via its network but from googling although the same company with roaming agreements, Three UK has no such obligation in the north, i find it strange that most of the north now has Three coverage but to the best of my knowledge Fermanagh has none thats a big market their missing out on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ciaran121

Im not sure if they will ever go to Enniskillen but if they do you should avoid them at all costs. Im a Three customer for the past 6 months and for that time my coverge has been extremely poor at best. I've been dropping calls consistently- I've had no 3G coverage whatsoever in order to use my data package with them despite being told that I live in a full coverage area. I've escalated my issues with Three at least 20 times and they have not fixed the problem so I'm currently in contact with the telecommunications regulator to get to the bottom of the problem. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

deaglan169 wrote: »
    I know Three Ireland have the contract to supply rural broadband via its network but from googling although the same company with roaming agreements, Three UK has no such obligation in the north, i find it strange that most of the north now has Three coverage but to the best of my knowledge Fermanagh has none thats a big market their missing out on

Really? I can't pick up 3 here. The only place i've ever picked it up in good signal is belfast. Its not a good network and believe it or not its signal is pretty patchy in the uk mainland too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

Can't believe that 3 UK has such bad coverage in NI in general but especially west of the bann, it is not like Enniskillen is a little village in the high lands of Scotland, which funny enough judging by the coverage map have coverage even if crappy unlike Fermanagh with no coverage at all.
    How do they make a profit, with coverage like that? 3 Ireland has coverage even in middle of nowhere, and the West Coast and islands though being on 2100 frequently you fall back constantly on Vodafone's 2g network if you are inside a buildings with stone built walls, concrete etc.
    But at least all the 26 counties have some sort of coverage unlike NI with only coverage in 5 of the 6 counties

Advertisement