Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones for making phone calls

• 15-01-2012 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones for making calls on the 4S?

The set I currently have worked fine on my old 3GS but seem to leave the external mic on when I use them on the 4S, causing noise, echos etc.

The headphones which came with the phone work fine, I just don't like them to use day to day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

BigKev wrote: »
    Hi all,

The set I currently have worked fine on my old 3GS but seem to leave the external mic on when I use them on the 4S, causing noise, echos etc.

The headphones which came with the phone work fine, I just don't like them to use day to day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I picked a really cheap pair on eBay. They did the job perfectly. Have a look around, there should be plenty of them there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i like the in ear buds, but im searching for a set that has the mic etc for phone use.

really hate the standard ear phones :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Here's a cheap and cheerful solution, I have these and they work a treat and if I lose a set I couldn't care less cause I have spares at home.

Remember that audio quality on a phone call is crap so I see no point in spending money on 'quality' headphones.

Buy 10 of these from Dealxtreme, €2.38 each, ear buds and a microphone. Sell them to your friends for €5 each, tell them you got a bulk order, hence the low price.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/noise-isolation-in-ear-stereo-earphone-headset-with-microphone-for-iphone-2g-3g-3gs-4-105cm-20801

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

coylemj wrote: »
    Here's a cheap and cheerful solution, I have these and they work a treat and if I lose a set I couldn't care less cause I have spares at home.

Remember that audio quality on a phone call is crap so I see no point in spending money on 'quality' headphones.

Buy 10 of these from Dealxtreme, €2.38 each, ear buds and a microphone. Sell them to your friends for €5 each, tell them you got a bulk order, hence the low price.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/noise-isolation-in-ear-stereo-earphone-headset-with-microphone-for-iphone-2g-3g-3gs-4-105cm-20801

Ive bought from deal Extreme many times, Recommended :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Got this off eBay for just under €30 euro. Works great can Bluetooth 3 items so iPhone and iPad connected and could pair to computer as well. Radio works great and switches off when a call received

I use a mono single earphone in the car and use the usual stereo headset out walking

Well worth it considering all that it can do.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/features/mw600?cc=gb&lc=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had a pair of SE bluetooth headphones and they didn't last long at all - I can't remember if they were the ones below, but apparently it was a known issue - they just stopped powering on one day, and that was that. The soft touch buttons weren't great to use either, and it was annoying having yet another thing to charge.

I have these headphones. Not exactly a bargain at around 50, but I like them because they're compact enough for travelling and the cable doesn't tangle. Annoyingly there's no in-line volume control though. I'm a bit surprised by some of the bad reviews on the link below actually; I've experienced very little leakage at all, and they're a lot more comfortable and better built than other folding headphones I've owned before.

41oyfv5rngL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    coylemj wrote: »

Unless you use them for music as well, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Eoin wrote: »
    Unless you use them for music as well, of course!

True but the OP stated his requirements pretty clearly...
    BigKev wrote: »

And never mentioned playing music.

Advertisement