Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Zero Music

Options
  • 15-01-2012 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

The Blizzards
    Arctic Monkies
    Snow Patrol

I never check out these guys at festivals or search out their music, because to be completely honest, I don't know which ones are which!

One of them is Irish I think, and one of them is English, and one is good. Can anyone elaborate which one's are the heavier rock band as apposed to jingly jangly indie guitars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Varkov wrote: »
    The Blizzards
    Arctic Monkies
    Snow Patrol

I never check out these guys at festivals or search out their music, because to be completely honest, I don't know which ones are which!

One of them is Irish I think, and one of them is English, and one is good. Can anyone elaborate which one's are the heavier rock band as apposed to jingly jangly indie guitars?

Steer well clear of The Blizzards and Snow Patrol so. If you want heavy-ish rock, I highly recommend that you check out 'Humbug' by Arctic Monkeys, it's really excellent. They went on to pursue a more jingly jangly indie sound on the follow-up 'Suck It and See'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Can anyone elaborate which one's are the heavier rock band as apposed to jingly jangly indie guitars?
    Couldn't you have a listen to them on MySpace or something similar and gauge their sound for yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I wouldn't class the Arctic monkeys as heavy rock, but they definitely matured since their poppy debut album. Humbug is an excellent album IMO, very dark compared to the earlier stuff, a lot better than it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Malice wrote: »
    Couldn't you have a listen to them on MySpace or something similar and gauge their sound for yourself?

I'm sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm sorry?

Well instead of starting a thread to ask people to describe bands to you, you could go on YouTube and figure it out yourself in a couple of minutes...

• Advertisement
Advertisement