Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Webby

Options
  • 15-01-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Seen as we dont seem to get all participation in this forum , want to re-activate old webby to see if it gets more people on?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there any guarantee we'll get participation there? I can't see that there is. I've seen a lot more discussion here then there was on the old one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Seen as we dont seem to get all participation in this forum , want to re-activate old webby to see if it gets more people on?
    What Spear said is true; we had very poor take up on the old forums as well. Currently we're around 60 accounts activated for this forum (out of about 105) which is better ratio then the old forum :)

*update* The following users don't have access to the clan forum in B-IE (as far as I can see from the access list, I've not included TIISC members):
    • Adorno
    • alexisawsome1996
    • Belisarius
    • Chachee
    • DeantheBlake
    • DeWinterZero
    • dublingar
    • Eireabu
    • EIREPANZER
    • Enda_Kenny
    • exbuzzz
    • Fat_Mover
    • Flackster
    • Glaskopft
    • Gregolego1
    • hotbeacon1
    • Huntsekker
    • InspiredFury
    • Ireland2006
    • IRemember
    • IrishGrimReaper
    • IrishWolf92
    • iScream
    • klesk
    • Lejaby
    • nineball777
    • One_Kal_El
    • PapaTank
    • PeeWee1
    • purescouse
    • Rakanisheu
    • rob1779
    • setanta68
    • Seth2508
    • Therminator36
    • zh1

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I think it should be reopened , its better structured with sub forums , easier to edit posts and easier to navigate, on it u could find things easier in forums. I think it would be a lot easier to post tactics and tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i am inclined to agree with fionn. the structure of the old forum with sub forums for tactics etc was much better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

sorry that was the point i meant to make ,or can the contents of the tactics forums be transferred to here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The main difference was the ability to create sub-forums over there, whereas the access we have on baords is highly restricted.

It can be opened again, but IMO considering with the new guys etc we have been directing everyone here, I think it would be a pointless excercise, and only serve to confuse people having to register on 2/3 different fora.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Just get one of the admins to post a sticky at the top of the forum with a link to all the tactics threads. As long as it's updated semi regularly that should be fine.

zil wrote: »
    Just get one of the admins to post a sticky at the top of the forum with a link to all the tactics threads. As long as it's updated semi regularly that should be fine.

Well I could go in and copy all the tactics threads and post them here no problem. But they'd get lost. We need another sub-forum, or a way to create them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well I could go in and copy all the tactics threads and post them here no problem. But they'd get lost. We need another sub-forum, or a way to create them.

They could easily be stickied here or indexed by a sticky. It's a private forum so we don't need to keep to the three stickies only convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bruffio

i know some of you guys are looking at this like a sub forum thing but your missing the point if we are imaginative enough we can make some of it open to new players we want to attract, ive seen other clans websites and they use fraps for intros and stuff
    maintaining these things is time consuming but im sure we could i know you guys don't want to drift from boards but we could link them.. i suggest some research looking at other clan websites you might like what you see and get some other ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

or if we have someone able build a website i could host it but we would need a domain

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

I agree with bruffio on this he's researched the idea before and shown me some of the other clan websites.
    If a new site is created it is the problem of getting everyone to move. If you just provide a link to it are new/existing players going to look at it while already registered here?

Personally - I never really wanted a move to Boards.ie, as I'm well aware of its restrictions.

The old forum was quite good, decent design (for a free site) and we could create as many forums and sub forums as we liked, keeping everything in order.

However, I believe a switch to Boards.ie was actually beneficial, as it gave us a new, fresh start - away from some of the rubbish that went on before.

If anything, we could start another site (I can do this again if required) but having people register on multiple sites and up giving us the problem that members won't know where to look when seeking information.

I think we should stick with boards for the time being, and if it becomes an issue over the next 6 months or so, we'll decide on maybe getting our own site developed and hosted. (or at the very least our own domain).

Advertisement