Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on buying used iPhone 4

• 15-01-2012 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I am buying a used iPhone 4 on adverts. It is only 2 months old so plenty of warranty left. It is factory unlocked.

I am just wondering will it be as simply as popping in my micro sim and syncing with itunes.
    The phone has been activated and registered in the old users name. Will i have any issues.

Any help much appriciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

no, if it is factory unlocked it should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I couldn't recommend Adverts highly enough, especially for iPhones. You just stick your sim in and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hey folks, I am buying a used iPhone 4 on adverts. It is only 2 months old so plenty of warranty left. It is factory unlocked.

I am just wondering will it be as simply as popping in my micro sim and syncing with itunes.
    The phone has been activated and registered in the old users name. Will i have any issues.

Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

Here ask for the receipt, test it with all Sim networks. seller can seil it you then then report it stolen.

With receipt you can prove it yours/you bought it from him.

pay in cash after testing everything and not my paypal or post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Here ask for the receipt, test it with all Sim networks. seller can seil it you then then report it stolen.

He doesnt have the original receipt. What if i were to type up a receipt and get him to sign it. I could enter the IMEI and Serial number of the phone and get the seller to sign it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

just make sure it's factory unlocked aswell, if it's jailbroken make sure ultrasn0w isn't installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Like above, make sure it's Oficially unlocked and they are not using a gevey or ultrasn0w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the seller asks you which network you're on you can start to be suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hogzy wrote: »

He doesnt have the original receipt. What if i were to type up a receipt and get him to sign it. I could enter the IMEI and Serial number of the phone and get the seller to sign it.

If he bought the iPhone from apple.ie or bricks and mortar store the receipt will be emailed to the buyer!
    If he deleted the email he can always ask apple to resend it.Be very careful you don't want him going back and reporting the iPhone stolen as said above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Seller has fairly good feedback and has been a member since 2010. Its factory unlocked.

Ill see if he will check his email for the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

If he has good enough feedback on adverts your on a good start, pop you sim into it (microsim) and make a call to test the phone.
    Other than that just do the usual checks to make sure it's a real iPhone.
    If you or he puts the serial no into the apple site you can see the warranty that is left on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement