Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to change to? need help on making up style.

• 15-01-2012 8:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hello, I am planning on going shopping today and well I need new kind of style.
    I am:
    175 cm tall.
    I am 18 years old.
    Not-Slim build.( 90-100 kg.)
    I am in college,
    So what could I wear? I thought of jeans, t-shirt and jacket from suit but I don't know. Suggestions please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

What are you comfortable in? That's what's most important. There's a lot of stuff that would look great on me, and is fashionable, but I wouldn't be comfortable wearing. If we can start with that we might get some ideas :) For instance I'm into florals, clashing loud colours, heels and colourful tights, and conflicting patterns (that work, I'm not all over the place with my style ;) )

I am 5'5", 9 stone, and while that suits me fine, someone else may not be comfortable wearing that if they are the same build as me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

coco_lola wrote: »
    What are you comfortable in? That's what's most important. There's a lot of stuff that would look great on me, and is fashionable, but I wouldn't be comfortable wearing. If we can start with that we might get some ideas :) For instance I'm into florals, clashing loud colours, heels and colourful tights, and conflicting patterns (that work, I'm not all over the place with my style ;) )

I am 5'5", 9 stone, and while that suits me fine, someone else may not be comfortable wearing that if they are the same build as me! :)

Oh forgot to mention, I am male.
    Well I like kind of mix of formal/urban/casual style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Ah ok, well that changes my original post then :D

I think jeans and a t-shirt are a good casual mix, for your age I'd recommend t-shirts from Jack and Jones or Diesel, mix in a bit of colour, yellow, blue and red tees are nice. I also really like this sweater! :)
    http://shop.bestseller.com/jack-jones/knit/KlausTurtleZip/12052330,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_12052330_colorPattern=12052330_MIDDLEGREYMELANGE

For nights out, a plain tee and checked shirt mix are nice, and you really can't go wrong with the shumper look - shirt underneath a nice sweater! Boots under jeans then are quite nice, or a pair of Vans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Have you tried reading male fashion blogs for inspiration? A good place to start is to look at the style of male singers or actors that you admire.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

I found Fashion Beans to be quite a good website when I was looking to change how I dressed. This article might be of some use:
    http://www.fashionbeans.com/2011/dressing-for-your-age-twenties/

I don't get their love affair with blazers and brogues but in general, that site is a pretty good starting point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I ended up buying:
    2 pairs or jeans, blue and dark blue.
    A black jumper (one of those thin ones)
    Shoes,
    and few t shirts, fits me well.

Advertisement