Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading the broadband line to higher speed

Options
  • 15-01-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, as your sales seems not be open on saturdays and sundays, can you guys please check my pm ab. line upgrading.

Or can i upgrade online?

and i also sent a support question 23.12.2011 via web and havent received any reply (only the case nr).. really slow i have to admit...

That has also now sent as pm to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Upgrade fixed now with customer services, can you please see the other issue i pmd you earlier.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

finnteme wrote: »
    Upgrade fixed now with customer services, can you please see the other issue i pmd you earlier.

Thanks

Hi finnteme,

The maximun possible speed on the line is "up to 17MB". Again there is no guarantee that I can give until we run a speed test after the upgrade order has completed which should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme,

The maximun possible speed on the line is "up to 17MB". Again there is no guarantee that I can give until we run a speed test after the upgrade order has completed which should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks, Mark

Hi, the order is now completed, but speed is till at 7mb.
    I have restarted the modem, no effect
    Order number:
    2473601CH
    Order date:
    17/01/2012
    COMPLETED

can you pls check this asap, thanks!

Order number:
    2473601CH
    Order date:
    17/01/2012
    COMPLETED

Hi finnteme,

The exchange work is still being processed it should be fully completed in the next 24 hours so I will follow up with you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Order number:
    2473601CH
    Order date:
    17/01/2012
    COMPLETED

Hi finnteme,

Can I confirm what type of modem you are using?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme,

Can I confirm what type of modem you are using?

Thanks, Mark

Hi
    Model Number: P-660HW-T1 v3
    Zyxel

Hi
    Zyxel

Hi finnteme,

Ok, I am looking into this for you and I will be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi
    Zyxel

Hi finnteme,

Ok, I am looking into this for you and I will be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark
    My neighbour just handed me a new modem that has arrived to my home address.. Despite to give my work address for delivery.. But wait... The modem is excatly the same i have currently... And the speed hasnt improved.. Modem and computers restarted... Ffffuuuu im speechles.. How hard it is to fix this..

And i hope that im not tied to any new 12 mths contract because of this "new" modem that was sent to me. I thought that the modem supposed to be a better version etc.

My neighbour just handed me a new modem that has arrived to my home address.. Despite to give my work address for delivery.. But wait... The modem is excatly the same i have currently... And the speed hasnt improved.. Modem and computers restarted... Ffffuuuu im speechles.. How hard it is to fix this..

And i hope that im not tied to any new 12 mths contract because of this "new" modem that was sent to me. I thought that the modem supposed to be a better version etc.

Hi finnteme,

There is a problem with the upgrade order at the exchange I am working on it and I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme,

There is a problem with the upgrade order at the exchange I am working on it and I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

thx, and what the story with the modem? I hope that by sending me a similar modem that i already had dont bind me to any new contract etc.

And the promise that it will be sen to my workplace, which didnt happen. No harm done there basicly because the modem is the same model that i had already.

• Advertisement

thx, and what the story with the modem? I hope that by sending me a similar modem that i already had dont bind me to any new contract etc.

And the promise that it will be sen to my workplace, which didnt happen. No harm done there basicly because the modem is the same model that i had already.

Hi finnteme,

The modem was sent out on the 16/01/2012 - it said it was delivered on the 17/01/12 the receivers name was "Mick"?

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme,

The modem was sent out on the 16/01/2012 - it said it was delivered on the 17/01/12 the receivers name was "Mick"?

Thanks, Mark

I got the modem, thats not the problem. It was left to my neighbour instead posting it to my workplace as informed by other Eircom rep.in your customer services. I asked why it was sent to me, since i already have a similar one. And i asked aswell if im tied to a new contract because this modem was sent to me? These are the questions i want an answer..

I got the modem, thats not the problem. It was left to my neighbour instead posting it to my workplace as informed by other Eircom rep.in your customer services. I asked why it was sent to me, since i already have a similar one. And i asked aswell if im tied to a new contract because this modem was sent to me? These are the questions i want an answer..

Hi finnteme,

Apologies, yes an upgrade of a broadband order will result in a new 12 month contract. I spoke to James in the web chat team and he confirmed he refered you to read the package details which outlined the new 12 month contract before issuing the upgrade.

He showed you the link with all the information including the new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme,

Apologies, yes an upgrade of a broadband order will result in a new 12 month contract. I spoke to James in the web chat team and he confirmed he refered you to read the package details which outlined the new 12 month contract before issuing the upgrade.

He showed you the link with all the information including the new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

thanks, finally the answer.
    I assume that i will get the promotional price aswell then since im obliged to a 12 mth contract now?

thanks, finally the answer.
    I assume that i will get the promotional price aswell then since im obliged to a 12 mth contract now?

Hi finnteme,

Yes as part of the upgrade you are also entitled to the six month promotional offer as well.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme,

Yes as part of the upgrade you are also entitled to the six month promotional offer as well.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for your help, you have been very helpful! Now just waiting the upgrade to kick in :)

any news, still syncing at 8mb

eircom broadband:Connected
    DSL Mode:ADSL_G.dmt Speed:8160 kbps /512 kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

any news, still syncing at 8mb

eircom broadband:Connected
    DSL Mode:ADSL_G.dmt Speed:8160 kbps /512 kbps

Hi finnteme
    yes I can see still at same speeds. I have raised this issue with our broadband product manager as there still appears to be an issue at exchange. This will be resolved and my apologies it is taking this long to do so. I am pushing this for you and will be back to you as soon as I can.
    Regards
    Tony

Hi finnteme
    yes I can see still at same speeds. I have raised this issue with our broadband product manager as there still appears to be an issue at exchange. This will be resolved and my apologies it is taking this long to do so. I am pushing this for you and will be back to you as soon as I can.
    Regards
    Tony

any update on this? Still on the slower speed...

Hi finnteme,

We have escalated to the engineers to check the connection / upgrade at the exchange. I apologise for the delay, we are pushing it for you and I will let you know as soon there is an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme,

You should now be getting between 15-17MB?

Mark

Advertisement