Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Lumix DCM-G2K....Burst mode??

• 15-01-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

hi guys, hope you can help me out a bit here, sort of a novice at the dslr thing, but im a quick learner:) iv read the manual back to front and in middle of a 'unofficial' but fantastic ebook on this camera...so i know a bit. Problem is...it says that in burst mode it will take 3.2 pics/sec...but no matter what i do to the settings,like lower the res,pixels etc i cannot get it to do it...im sure i am doing something wrong..but cant seem to work it out...i am using a 16 gb SDHC card so no issues there...help??

Tnx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

hi guys, hope you can help me out a bit here, sort of a novice at the dslr thing, but im a quick learner:) iv read the manual back to front and in middle of a 'unofficial' but fantastic ebook on this camera...so i know a bit. Problem is...it says that in burst mode it will take 3.2 pics/sec...but no matter what i do to the settings,like lower the res,pixels etc i cannot get it to do it...im sure i am doing something wrong..but cant seem to work it out...i am using a 16 gb SDHC card so no issues there...help??

Tnx

Are you shooting JPEG, RAW or RAW+JPEG?

What is the speed rating of the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

hi, i tried raw and jpg...and jpg on its own...no diff, i understand there is a buffer..or the like that gets backed in this mode..but i still cant get it to run...this is the card details...ye think it is not writing fast enough??

http://www.integralmemory.com/product/sdhc-class-4-memory-card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

hi, i tried raw and jpg...and jpg on its own...no diff, i understand there is a buffer..or the like that gets backed in this mode..but i still cant get it to run...this is the card details...ye think it is not writing fast enough??

Not a particularly fast card so could be your issue alright. Certainly not helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I don't have a G2, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice.

Cameras that can shoot HD video need a fast memory card. Class 6 is
    generally regarded as a minimum spec for full HD. Cameras with a fast
    burst mode will also benefit from the use of a fast card. The camera can
    produce image data at a rate which is much greater than the write speed
    of the card. The worst case scenario is when shooting RAW+JPEG when
    a large RAW file and a JPEG are both stored for every frame you take.
    Once the buffer is full, the camera has to slow down or stop until the
    contents of the buffer are written to the card. This typically takes several
    seconds, even with a fast card.

As the price of a Class-10 card is about the same as a Class-6,
    you may as well get a Class-10.

I would suggest you reset the camera to factory default settings,
    just in case you have accidentally put it in a mode which slows
    down burst shooting. Beg, steal or borrow a fast SDHC card and
    see if that solves the problem. Another issue that can slow down
    burst shooting is auto-focus mode. If the camera has to re-focus
    between shots, this can really slow things down. In-camera processing
    like noise reduction or any other filters can also reduce shooting speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

nice one....thanx guys:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement