Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinnahinch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Racha78

It looks lovely, but €30 for 3hrs fishing ... Maybee It's me, but in current climate ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Sure but can't be compared to corkagh etc....
    How much is curragh springs?
    no prices on site?
    Racha78 wrote: »
    It looks lovely, but €30 for 3hrs fishing ... Maybee It's me, but in current climate ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

fisherking wrote: »
    no prices on site?

Curragh is 20 for 4 hours or 30 for full day including 1 fish under 2lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

That's good
    they should post that on their site
    thehamo wrote: »
    fisherking wrote: »
    no prices on site?

Curragh is 20 for 4 hours or 30 for full day including 1 fish under 2lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

€30 for 3hrs fishing :D:D:D:D:D:D You're having a laugh..:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

30 for 3hrs is a p*ss take, not surprised "not many people know about it". For 30 I'd expect a full day of C&R like the majority of other fisheries in the country. Some folk have serious ideas of grandure and need to wake up and look around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Sounds pricey alright.
    What are folks thoughts on situating a put & take fishery within metres of a wild fishery like the Dargle?
    There are significant risks associated with locating it so close to a river which is subject to violent spates - disease in particular and genetic pollution.
    Are there brownies in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

The dargle has brown trout there but they tend to be small. I was surprised Hugh got permission for this - I remember being down there during the works. It looked tiny tbh. It is/was a fantastic sea trout fishery, (was last there summer 2009 - I think?).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

whelzer wrote: »
    The dargle has brown trout there but they tend to be small. I was surprised Hugh got permission for this - I remember being down there during the works. It looked tiny tbh. It is/was a fantastic sea trout fishery, (was last there summer 2009 - I think?).
    Oh sorry, I meant is Tinnehinch stocked with browns?
    The Dargle is a fantastic river for sure. I spent (mis-spent?) far too much time there as a chap.

Advertisement