Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water damage

Options
  • 15-01-2012 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,
    I dropped my nokia c3 in water. I fished it out immediately. Took battery and sim out and dried it. Put it by fire. It seems ok but there is water logging in the screen.

Will that eventually seep into the phone and cause real damage or will it evaporate. I still open it at night to try and dry it more.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

boodee wrote: »
    Hi,
    I dropped my nokia c3 in water. I fished it out immediately. Took battery and sim out and dried it. Put it by fire. It seems ok but there is water logging in the screen.

Will that eventually seep into the phone and cause real damage or will it evaporate. I still open it at night to try and dry it more.

Any help appreciated.

Put it in a bowl of dry rice and into the airing cupboard for a couple of days. Don't turn it on for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Hope it works out for you. A bottle of water spilt in my gym bag where my phone was, and unfortunately it's never been right since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭boodee

nice one, it's drying out well and the water is going from the screen. Thanks.

My husband dropped his samsung builders phone into a barrell of diesel today, it's actually grand apart from the sound....as in he can't hear very well. Any suggestions for cleaning it, he;s took it apart and all the inside is dry..battery etc.

Advertisement