Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anton Savage on Sunday - MODERATION NOTE - POST #16

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anybody listening to the first show today ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

he's a twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Nick Guats

M cebee wrote: »
    he's a twat

He seems to be popular when he fills in for Ray Darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No.
    I was feeling optimistic after listening to the interview with Eddie O'Connor on The Sunday Business Show, so I decided to turn off after that as I couldn't face another trawl through the papers for the most depressing stories you can find :)
    I like Anton when he stands in for Ray D'Arcy and sometimes when he stands in for Matt Cooper but most of the time I find him trying a bit too hard to be a serious reporter when he speaks over the guests and keeps pushing them to answer pointless questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I like him when he fills in for Ray Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭GSF

So he is on Today fm and his mammy is on Newstalk at the same time. And his daddy is RTE Chairman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Poochie05 wrote: »
    No.
    I was feeling optimistic after listening to the interview with Eddie O'Connor on The Sunday Business Show, so I decided to turn off after that as I couldn't face another trawl through the papers for the most depressing stories you can find :)
    I like Anton when he stands in for Ray D'Arcy and sometimes when he stands in for Matt Cooper but most of the time I find him trying a bit too hard to be a serious reporter when he speaks over the guests and keeps pushing them to answer pointless questions.

i agree it use to be great to tune into the sunday morning shows now its doom and gloom and going over another depressing weeks bad news i now listen to a music channel now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

M cebee wrote: »
    he's a twat

more a smug git

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Well I for one quite like his style, but I would never have got rid of Sam Smyth either.......I'm probably in the minority.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

GSF wrote: »
    So he is on Today fm and his mammy is on Newstalk at the same time. And his daddy is RTE Chairman.
    That's why southern Ireland is a banana republic.Scotland take note and vote NO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

GSF wrote: »

I really couldn't give a monkeys. Who his parents are does not make him a better or worse broadcaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Boys don't cry , Anton keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

todolist wrote: »
    That's why southern Ireland is a banana republic.Scotland take note and vote NO!!!

You mean Cork and Kerry?

Today Fm is broadcast nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whatever about that fairly dismal episode I just find Savage utterly uncompelling (is that even a word?) he has absolutely no gravitas which I like in a current affairs presenter so even if I disagree with their views (hello Tom McGurk) I can still be engaged by what's being said.

Too many offensively inoffensive milk sops on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jayzee

mike65 wrote: »
    Whatever about that fairly dismal episode I just find Savage utterly uncompelling (is that even a word?) he has absolutely no gravitas which I like in a current affairs presenter so even if I disagree with their views (hello Tom McGurk) I can still be engaged by what's being said.

Too many offensively inoffensive milk sops on the radio.
    I agree - he has no depth and resembles a cardboard cut out of a reporter.
    That toothy smile and his love ins with Matt Cooper are stomach churning.
    He Makes Matt look like a heavyweight, and that takes some doing.
    Both of them have some talent, but they have mistaken that for a lot of talent and as a consequence have ignored adding to the depth , breadth and substance of their knowledge.
    This makes them particularly embarassing when interviewing overseas guests.
    Our homegrown gobsh*tes rarely expose their limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

The thread topic refers to the Savage on Sunday show. You are free to express opinion as to the show or the show's contents.

Please refrain from posting off topic. That includes matters unrelated to the show whether they refer to a presenter of that show or not.

I have already referred such posting to the legals of boards.ie and that is their position.

Susan Lanigan - this is not the first time you've raised such matters on this forum and hence you should know better. Do not persist. This is not the forum for what you wish to say. There will be no further warnings.

Others - the problem with such matters is that people will post information which if can be verified and is on topic is fine (as some of the previous postings may have been), but then stray into heresay, throw away comment, creative writing, and speculation, all of which causes problems not for the poster but for the publisher. While I appreciate the desire to have a natter about such matters as had previously been posted on thread, here is not the place for it.

This decision is final and should be considered direction to all posters.

Thank you.

Advertisement