Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90X Shakeology

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Going to start the P90X next week. Just wondering about the shakeology. Can someone recommend something else as I don't want to take the chance with customs.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The shakes aren't necessary at all. Work out your macros and find meals that match them, then make up your own shakes to fill in any gaps you may have.

If you don't know your macros the shakes are essentially useless anyway (as you won't know when to take them or how much to drink).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Given the amount of supplements bought online in this country, why do you think you'd have a problem with customs?

Having said that, there's every chance you don't need the shakes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tomm1077

You can get the shakeology from Ireland on http://eportireland.com/categories.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=622&category_id=76

There's also a seller from Cork on ebay selling it. I bought the samples from the ebay one. Got them in 2 days. Worth trying out. The chocolate one is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

130 euro for a 3lb bag that doesn't even give a ingredients list. Save your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

tomm1077 wrote: »
    You can get the shakeology from Ireland on http://eportireland.com/categories.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=622&category_id=76

There's also a seller from Cork on ebay selling it. I bought the samples from the ebay one. Got them in 2 days. Worth trying out. The chocolate one is lovely.

Get ur self a tub of whey and save a packet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

tomm1077 wrote: »
    Going to start the P90X next week. Just wondering about the shakeology. Can someone recommend something else as I don't want to take the chance with customs.

At the risk of possibly making an ass out of myself Im going to make an assumption that until now you havent been doing any real exercise, and your going to start this new routine and probably some healthy eating to go with it.

First bit of advice is forget about shakes/whey/supps etc for about a year. All that stuff is pretty costly, and to be quite honest, for the first year if you eat right and workout regularly you will have zero problems cutting fat/bulking up.

On your second and third year thats when you will really benefit from supps. So why does beachbody so highly recommend you take supps, well put it this way, Im sure they make a lot more money selling supps then they do DVD's.

Lastly. Supps arent cheap. I see someone has said the p90x ones are 130euro.

That 130euro would buy you some weights/pullup bar/yoga mat etc that you will need for the p90x.

If I was you, for now, Id just put all my energy into completing the 90 days and dont give the shakes a second thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I've had a bag of it and I thought it was great. If you're looking for an easy way to get the nutrients and want to use it as a snack then by all means it is great. Some people use it as a meal replacement but I think it is good as a snack. If you're trying to cut out sweets etc then it helps with that also. It is pricey though.

You don't necessarily need to get it though. You can get everything you need from food.

Advertisement