Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croissants in Tesco

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

There are two Tescos close to where I live, one a supermarket and the other a Tesco Express. The Tesco supermarket used to have the best croissants around, light inside and flaky on the outside.
    Late last summer, I noticed that although the croissants they make looked as good as ever, they were not done in the centre - more like half-done and still slightly doughy. This went on for quite a while in the supermarket, so I tried the Tesco express, but they were much the same.
    They quality has continued to fall off, and now I buy croissants anywhere but Tesco.
    I wonder has the same happened elsewhere in Ireland, or if it just in my area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't say I've noticed it myself... although it's been a while since I've bought the Tesco croissants.

But if you've a Lidl near you, the croissants from their bakery are the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Yes, I go to Lidl now, but this morning I foolishly went to Tesco and got some 3rd class croissants. Even more doughy than usual inside.
    I was annoyed with myself for going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What did the Tesco store manager have to say about the drop in quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Most likely changed supplier or recipe for price reasons. I take it that its an instore bakery product? Some stores may still have stocks of the old recipe product in there freezers so other boards users might not have experienced the quality downgrade yet. Just complain to there helpline that the quality of the product has gone downhill.

Advertisement