Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a fake tan?

• 15-01-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭

I never ever wear fake tan. Once or twice I got spray tanned (my sister's wedding for example) and I looked orange.

I am going out next weekend and wearing a very low cut black jumper that has short sleeves. I'd like to get a nice natural looking tan for the areas that will be exposed;) as I am so white I am almost a tinge of green.

I am happy to put it on myself rather than another spray tan disaster.

I am one of those people that people think are dark skinned - actually I am very fair skinned but have very dark eyes and hair.

I dont mind splashing out for the right product so money not an issue!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Sally Hensen all the way. It's instant, just get a tanning mitt and you're good to go, I think Penneys are stocking it for less than a tenner now! Only thing is, it will rub off on your clothes (not to the extent that it will fade), so you'll be washing it out :)

If you want one that builds up over a couple of hours and doesn't rub off, I'd recommend Loreal Sublime Bronze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks, might try the loreal one as I dont fancy something rubbing off on my clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Fake Bake is quite good, and St Tropez, although both of these are pricier than the Loreal I suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I'd recommend He Shi Liquid Express Tan. It's very liquidy so you need a mitt but it goes on really smoothly, doesn't streak and it's tinted so you can see where you've applied it. It takes overnight to develop so you shower it off in the morning. It think it looks really natural, not orangey or streaky and it doesn't stain around the elbows, knees etc. I usually apply two layers over two nights for a nice even, natural looking glow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I recommend Xen Tan. The gradual one. This! It's very dark so only about 2 applications are needed for a natural looking tan! Only tan I know of that produces and "olive" colour instead of orange. Making it look very natural! It's expensive enough but if you rarely use fake tan I think it's worth spending the money :) I only use it every 3-4 months. A tube lasts me a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Rockstar Tan is one of the best tans I have used yet. Not to orange perfect for pale skin I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dazzledust

Highly recommend Lancome Flash Bronzer.
    It states on the box it's for legs - I use it all over -and you will probably be told at the counter that you can use it all over too. It can be anything up to €28 but I get more use from a bottle rather than going to a beauty salon to get one tan done.
    It gives a nice glow, you can see it when applying it, it dries quickly and doesn't destroy your clothes.
    Just my 2c but hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I really like St. moritz ,they sell it in Penneys and its dirt cheap, I used to use St. tropez and fake bake but its just as good, lovely brown color and only 4e!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭nessy382

Hi i myself would recommend the sun shimmer the light one
    its very good and the tan turns out even nicer if you exfoliate in the shower before you put your tan on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks All. I ended up buying Lancome flash bronzer mousse. Tried it last night as a test and it's exactly what I am looking for!

I did not put too much on, so there is just a hint of colour where needed.

Probably will be crap when I put on Thursday for Friday, sure isnt that sods law, when you dont need it to look nice, it does and when you want it to look good, it looks crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

The academy tan - absolutely beautiful and natural looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Has anyone tried Kakora? It's gorgeous. I'm a st moritz girl myself- does the same job as st tropez but got the Kakora for christmas and its fab

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 poutie

I love St Moritz as well, quick and easy, and cheap as chips. I've tried Karora its lovely tan too, but for a quick fix, St Moritz is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Plus a million on the St. Moritz. Every bit as good as St. Tropez and €41 cheaper a bottle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 navandiver

if you want instant tan that lasts a few days go for wow brown! I used to use sunshimmer and loreal sublime bronze but now i swear by wow brown! so much so that i have started to stock up on it when i see it on special offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Heya OP, I'd recommend tanning wipes, i believe the brand i have is 'skin deep' its a british company, and you get 20 wipes, but one wipe itself would do your entire body. It comes up pretty tanned, very naturual no streaks etc. I love them, they cost me €4 at the time i bought them.

The only down side is, the tan lasts a fair long time, it doesnt matter how many showers/baths you take scrubbing i think i got a week out of them before, can be annoying, spesh if its just a one night you want them for. It won't rub off on your clothes. The wipes look like baby wipes you can't see the tan, so if you do go for them don't keep wiping in the one area, or you'll end up darker than the rest (lol - my sister did this!!) If not that, the sally hanson one is great for a 'one night of tan'. Happy tanning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

Love the academy bronze express or the one in penneys brand for €4, that can be toughg enough to get off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I used bronze express and it made me turn orange :/ my cousin wears it and it looks fine on her but i guess it depends on your skin. I wouldn't chance it if it's for an important event.

I love Liquid Gold and Sun Fx but I believe you can only buy them wholesale if you have/work for a salon. Most salons will spray you with them for €15/€20 now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Tesco own brand fake tan, don't knock it till you try it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Have to stay I'd steer clear of the St. Moritz tan from Penneys. I use St. Tropez all the time but wanted a cheaper alternative. I was happy with the St. Moritz the first time, but it faded off really patchy and even doing my usual scrub I found the next few times I put it on it wasn't as even looking as the St. Tropez, and looked just too orangey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I'm using Lush's tan bar at the minute and I find it great! It's really cheap, lasts ages and is really easy to use!

Advertisement