Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat banned

Options
  • 15-01-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Sooo, I just got chatbanned until 29th this month, for "insulting" the devs (i was just making a point towards wg failing with french tanks and the mod disagreed very much with me).

So don't wonder why im not talking anything :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Happened me before, it's a pain in the arse.
    Can't type anywhere in-game, not even clan channel nor can you "ping" the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bruffio

so does that mean you cant write and we will hear your dulcet tones on teamspeak then
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

iiansee wrote: »
    Sooo, I just got chatbanned until 29th this month, for "insulting" the devs (i was just making a point towards wg failing with french tanks and the mod disagreed very much with me).

Where were you chatting? on the forums? ..... why is chatbanning in game a suitable penalty for anything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BigEejit wrote: »
    Where were you chatting? on the forums? ..... why is chatbanning in game a suitable penalty for anything?
    Well I can see it for spamming etc. it might be a suitable penalty (i.e. if I scream rude words in global chat etc.) but for complaining about the developers? Grow thicker skin!

Back in Everquest days people would create alts called versions of "SoE" and duel versions of "Player", "Subscriber" etc. and have the "Player" character win (all duels were announced zone wide).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Nody wrote: »
    Well I can see it for spamming etc. it might be a suitable penalty (i.e. if I scream rude words in global chat etc.) but for complaining about the developers? Grow thicker skin!

Back in Everquest days people would create alts called versions of "SoE" and duel versions of "Player", "Subscriber" etc. and have the "Player" character win (all duels were announced zone wide).

Nerd.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

BigEejit wrote: »

Was arguing with a mod at ingame general chat. I really think chatban is just useless and stupid "punishment", sucks that i cant even use radio-commands nor ping the map.

They really should make a chat system similar to WoW. Aka public channels, clan-channels and individual whispers! :|

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

iiansee wrote: »

All i can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA............................................ :D
    you'd think the dev's would be used to people giving out at this stage with all the **** that happened since the start

Advertisement