Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Stream - Apple's Latest Spying Technique

Options
  • 15-01-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Remember that scandal last year about Apple tracking all your movements? Well it's occurred to me that they've replaced it with an improved system - Photo Stream.

Photo Stream uploads your photos automatically to Apple once you're on wi-fi, great for automatic backups they'd have you think. But the fact that you can't delete individual photos and that it only stores 1,000 photos and/or for a maximum of 30 days means that Apple just constantly churns through all the uploaded photos, gets the geo-location, does the facial recognition etc then deletes the photos once it's got what it wants all under the guise of doing temporary backups for you.

I think Photo Stream is more for Apple's benefit than for users. The fact that you can't do a simple thing like delete single photos (of course Apple could easily implement this feature!) started to make me very suspicious about what was going on.

I would welcome other thoughts on this.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement