Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody tried the newly designed Cosmo darts setup?

• 15-01-2012 3:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you lads have tried out this newly designed setup from a Japanese company that seems to be getting great reviews on various darts forums. John Part has started using the setup and has got his game back together.

I know that the price is a lot more expensive than your regular stems and flights but supposedly one set of slights will last a few months and stems should last for years. The design is supposed to ensure that the slights stay at a 90degree angle which ensures that the dart flies straighter through the air. It's also supposed to cut down on the amount of deflections you get that pushes the darts into the 5's and 1's.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of different flights and stems to try them out. What do you lads think?

Here's the website selling them
    http://halodarts.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you lads have tried out this newly designed setup from a Japanese company that seems to be getting great reviews on various darts forums. John Part has started using the setup and has got his game back together.

I know that the price is a lot more expensive than your regular stems and flights but supposedly one set of slights will last a few months and stems should last for years. The design is supposed to ensure that the slights stay at a 90degree angle which ensures that the dart flies straighter through the air. It's also supposed to cut down on the amount of deflections you get that pushes the darts into the 5's and 1's.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of different flights and stems to try them out. What do you lads think?

Here's the website selling them
    http://halodarts.com/

only after ordering a few sets of them yesterday, tried them out when they first came out and there good but dont believe about the flights lasting you months i destroyed a flight in the space of 2-3 weeks. its always worth a shot to try something new they are a very good piece of kit and with your throw i think they would suit you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Double Top wrote: »
    only after ordering a few sets of them yesterday, tried them out when they first came out and there good but dont believe about the flights lasting you months i destroyed a flight in the space of 2-3 weeks. its always worth a shot to try something new they are a very good piece of kit and with your throw i think they would suit you

Cheers, yeah I think they would suit me as well.

Supposedly if you get the spinning stems them the flights will last you a lot longer but I don't know if I could get used to the spinning stems, I reckon they would feel loose in my hands. I'm going to order a set though and a set of the non-spinning ones and see how I go.

They certainly look and sound like they are the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I use ripstop flights and while they definitely last longer (at least in for me) I find that instead of 4 90º spaces between the 'wings' of the flight I have say two 140º spaces and two 40º spaces.

I use standard flights and didn't have this problem with plastic flights although they don't last long which is why I changed. .

Does having unequal spaces in the flight affect the throw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

One of my friends got the spinners and the air flights. The spinning shafts are quite solid and are not like the other types you can get on the market. They only move when a dart or flight collides with them. However, the flights will not last a long time at all. 2 weeks I would say max. A decent practice will produce scuffs on the top of the flight and over time they start to look terrible and rip/tear. Good piece of kit but don't expect the flights to last much longer than extra strong flights with flight protectors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement