Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item faulty, Dont have reciept put paid with laser

Options
  • 15-01-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

So i bought Skylanders on the wii for my little brother as a certain type of christmas present that isnt from me nudge nudge wink wink.

I bought it in Gamestop on the 24th of December (yup cutting it tight) So I gave it to my dad reciept and all.

In the last couple of weeks it has developed a fault. There is an accesorary with this game where you place characters on this portal and they are the characters you play on screen with. The will not launch into the game saying that it cant find the USB dongle. The dongle doesnt look damaged, but it should have a red light on it that isnt lighting up. we tried the dongle in a different wii, no joy. Seems this dongle thing is broken

Now the fun part is my dad doesnt know where the reciept is, its probably either up the chimney or in the landfill. I did pay for it with my laser card but more fun and games, it says the transaction date for gamestop is the 30th of december.

On my BOI online account it says(x's are numbers):
    30/12/2011 LR XXXXGAMESTOP ATHLO 83.95

I bought Skylanders which was €69.99 and two figurines for it.

I could say roughly what time i bought it at

I know the girl that served me that day(I wouldnt know her very well, but i know her to say hi to, she doesnt seem to work there that much. She isnt a Manager as far as i know)

Do i have a leg to stand in gamestop with my bank statement going "yeah i bought this on the 24th, i know its a different price and i know it says 30th on my statement!"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

If you know the staff member to see and you know in around the time on the day you bought it go back in with the kit and the bank statement and ask them to look up the transaction, it should be easy to trace as it was paid by laser.

Hi Guys,

So i bought Skylanders on the wii for my little brother as a certain type of christmas present that isnt from me nudge nudge wink wink.

I bought it in Gamestop on the 24th of December (yup cutting it tight) So I gave it to my dad reciept and all.

In the last couple of weeks it has developed a fault. There is an accesorary with this game where you place characters on this portal and they are the characters you play on screen with. The will not launch into the game saying that it cant find the USB dongle. The dongle doesnt look damaged, but it should have a red light on it that isnt lighting up. we tried the dongle in a different wii, no joy. Seems this dongle thing is broken

Now the fun part is my dad doesnt know where the reciept is, its probably either up the chimney or in the landfill. I did pay for it with my laser card but more fun and games, it says the transaction date for gamestop is the 30th of december.

I bought Skylanders which was €69.99 and two figurines for it.

I could say roughly what time i bought it at

I know the girl that served me that day(I wouldnt know her very well, but i know her to say hi to, she doesnt seem to work there that much. She isnt a Manager as far as i know)

Do i have a leg to stand in gamestop with my bank statement going "yeah i bought this on the 24th, i know its a different price and i know it says 30th on my statement!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Just in case.... the usb dongle has a click on /click off switch - I'm sure you know this anyway but might be worth checking before you bring it back. My son only discovered it when he plugged the usb key into the laptop and it wasn't working - he must have clicked it off by accident .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd bet that those x's say 2412, am I right? That's the date of the transaction 24-12.

The statement should be accepted by Gamestop as your proof of purchase. First step is to bring it all back in and look for a replacement, and ask for the manager if you get any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bellieella

jor el wrote: »

I'd bet that those x's say 2412, am I right? That's the date of the transaction 24-12.

The statement should be accepted by Gamestop as your proof of purchase. First step is to bring it all back in and look for a replacement, and ask for the manager if you get any trouble.

A bank statement is not proof of purchase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

bellieella wrote: »

But it is evidence of purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

bellieella wrote: »

It is when invoking your statutory consumer rights is involved.

Here's what two statutory bodies have to say on the matter.

Citizens information
    Proof of purchase
    It is your responsibility to prove that you bought the goods or services that you are complaining about. A receipt is just one way to prove that you bought an item or paid for a service. If you paid for the item by credit card, you could use your credit card statement as proof of purchase. A cheque stub can also be used as proof of purchase. If you do pay for an item in cash, ask for a receipt and keep it safe. A receipt issued following a cash transaction is your only record that you have bought an item.

NCA
    Remember:

You have no rights under consumer law if you change your mind about the goods you have purchased. However, some shops may offer you an exchange as a gesture of goodwill
    The shop is entitled to request proof of purchase, but this doesn't necessarily have to be the shop receipt. You could show your credit or debit card statement if you used one or any other documentation that proves it was purchased in that particular shop or retail chain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just a follow up, I actually found the reciept but my dad was able to return it with just a bank statement all good

Advertisement