Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes

Options
  • 15-01-2012 3:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi im not 100% this is the correct forum but basically I bought a song on itunes the other day with my 3v card and had some money left(not much at all)
    And today I checked my balance and decided to use the end up by buying another , only Im just after realising Itunes didnt take for the first song in the first place so now I have bought two songs with not enough to pay for them.
    What happens now? Like Id top up my 3v again to pay for it, but it wouldnt work because it'd have a different card number. Im really panicy now, I dont know what kind of mess my stupidity has gotten me into...

Anyone any advice? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Something similar happened me before. I had a bit left on a 3V card from buying stuff on Amazon, said I'd buy some songs. But when you put in a new card number on iTunes and most retailers online, they do a check and take some money (not sure the full details on why tbh). Bought a song or two, hadn't enough money but the track still downloaded. As far as I remember, you just can't buy anything else until you pay them. I did it with another card fairly quickly and it was grand, nothing more ever mentioned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Something similar happened me before. I had a bit left on a 3V card from buying stuff on Amazon, said I'd buy some songs. But when you put in a new card number on iTunes and most retailers online, they do a check and take some money (not sure the full details on why tbh). Bought a song or two, hadn't enough money but the track still downloaded. As far as I remember, you just can't buy anything else until you pay them. I did it with another card fairly quickly and it was grand, nothing more ever mentioned.

Do you think if I bought an itunes gift card today/tomorrow they'd be able to subtract it from that? its only like 15c or so, but I dont want to have caused some fraud thing from it..
    Thanks a bundle tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If iTunes haven't billed you yet, or you have insufficient fund to cover payments when they do attempt to bill you, they will try again if you change your payment details (i.e. apply a different 3v card or use gift cards).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

They'll try to take the money again a week after they first tried so i wouldn't worry about it

Advertisement