Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good price for selling gold?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good, bricks & mortar shop for selling some old gold jewellery?

Many thanks,

SparrowHawk

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good, bricks & mortar shop for selling some old gold jewellery?

Many thanks,

SparrowHawk

Its more to do with the weight of the gold,its actual carat and the price of gold on the world stock markets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Hi All,

Many thanks,

SparrowHawk

it was €11.5 per gram today for 9kt at the limerick auction rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

flutered wrote: »
    it was €11.5 per gram today for 9kt at the limerick auction rooms.
    Hi there,
    They actually pay €12.35 per gram for 9ct.
    Regards,
    Dale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Try a few places and get a price is what I would say, I'm in the UK my other half went with some to cash for gold and was offered a price that was 5 times less than what a local jeweler offered,

Maybe they see value in the jewelery and not just the gold I don't know, but we have tended to go with a Jewelers ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Never sell your gold to one of them cash for gold places its pure rip off to get a far better deal list it on ebay i get far better value there for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi there,
    Regards,
    Dale

that's pretty decent considering the spot price would be about €17 per gram

Hi there,
    Regards,
    Dale

i sold a cross, i little over a gram on my scales, i got two fivers, a one euro coin plus a fifty cent coin, to me that is 11.5 euros.

my scales are a little out, apologies to all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try a few places and get a price is what I would say, I'm in the UK my other half went with some to cash for gold and was offered a price that was 5 times less than what a local jeweler offered
    The cash for gold offer the going price for melted gold.

The jeweller paid for the artistic qualities.

It's like someone buying the Michelangelo statue with the intention of smashing it to bits and using it on their driveway, as opposed to a collector buying it as a statue; the later would pay more.

Advertisement