Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Road Bike

• 15-01-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

Could you recommend a road bike for a budget of 7-800 euro. I am hoping to take advantage of the Bike to Work scheme.

I am training for a triathlon and the techie enough nature of the bikes are a mystery to me. One sales guy was recommending the Giant Defy 4 to me and in another shop the guy was telling me that Giant is great at marketing but poor on components. He was pushing Kelly brand bikes.

All advice greatly welcomed,
    rugbyfan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

You're best bet for info on beginner bikes is the cycling forum, very active and you won't be short of an answer.
    However - please search the forum first for previous threads on beginner bikes as this question is constantly asked on there.

Be prepared, that the general response to the 7-800 budget question will be, can you up it to the max 1000 of the bike to work scheme, as you'll get better bang for your buck at that rate, so best to be clear from the start whether or not thats an option.

Oh - you should also state whether or not you are limited to a particular list of suppliers by your place of work, as some employers are more restrictive. If you can buy from any shop that will improve your options.

Advertisement