Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeville tactic suggestion for clan war

Options
  • 15-01-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Tactic roles

TD defends middle rd
    2 x maus or e100 def valley
    3 x arty, 1 def valley while other 2 covers town and middle, as we gain ground in town arty closest to is7's can push up
    Fast light-medium goes into town asap and tries to light up as much as possible, stays alive and when gets chance goes hunting for enemy arty if any.
    IS7's 4 go high and 4 low.
    down low in town, is7's work in pairs with the 2 pairs coming through at same speed, the 4 is7's up top make the main spear head.

31025.jpg

20c08.jpg

Please feel free to criticize i will get upset ;):p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Like it :) simple yet effective.

My one concern is a maus going to be able to get in position if a team decides to rush the valley? I would take the E100s over a maus plus while on the slope its going to be hard for their lower plate to get hit so they should be able to take a beating.

I would also prefer a med over a light scout for the pure fact it can deal damage and take a few hits if it needs to. Saying that if anyone gets a Batchat that would be perfect nasty gun with decent speed (however depends what its like turning).

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

phil3995 wrote: »
    Like it :) simple yet effective.

My one concern is a maus going to be able to get in position if a team decides to rush the valley? I would take the E100s over a maus plus while on the slope its going to be hard for their lower plate to get hit so they should be able to take a beating.

From base 2 the valley can be blocked be maus just where you leave the base to go down so that would be fine, from base 1 we could use e100s if needed.
    phil3995 wrote: »
    I would also prefer a med over a light scout for the pure fact it can deal damage and take a few hits if it needs to. Saying that if anyone gets a Batchat that would be perfect nasty gun with decent speed (however depends what its like turning).

Yes or no light/medium and an extra is7, we seen from base 2 that we need to get is7s in mass to the high rd asap as we were completely overran in last attempt, as yo say there is room for improvement.

This is as they say a blueprint, every game we play on this map we will have to adapt accordingly to take into account what tanks we have and what the enemy have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've got my doubts as to the value of a TD a the base of the middle road. Certainly when starting from the south it's not fast enough to make it to the central bend. Last night an IS7 got there first, leaving me in limbo to a degree. The opportunity to perform flanking fire into those in the town is very limited.

Spear wrote: »
    I've got my doubts as to the value of a TD a the base of the middle road. Certainly when starting from the south it's not fast enough to make it to the central bend. Last night an IS7 got there first, leaving me in limbo to a degree. The opportunity to perform flanking fire into those in the town is very limited.

Agree 100% TD should be an is7 in future attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Agree 100% TD should be an is7 in future attempts

T30 maybe? Plenty of cover to go hull down, and a mean gun.

• Advertisement

T30 maybe? Plenty of cover to go hull down, and a mean gun.

yes good option

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

there are signs that fog of war will be returning shortly which will open up new strategies for this map. ie the vally rush at 13:00 etc when the enemy are in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    there are signs that fog of war will be returning shortly which will open up new strategies for this map. ie the vally rush at 13:00 etc when the enemy are in town.

I discussed this with Fionn the other night too. I'll draw one up, as I've the master of rush / caution to the wind tactics that usually fail miserably :D

4 E-100 in town (2 high, 2 low). 1 fast medium / light to scout town and / or valley, and the rest of 4 IS-7 and 4 T-30 rush straight down valley once we know where the enemy are.

2 arty to support push.

Advertisement