Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you get the best deal for iPhone 4S?

• 15-01-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Where do you get the best deal for iPhone 4S? Billpay/Prepay, which network....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

You'll need to search on here,its been asked loads of times.

I would guess theres been changes to all of the networks options since it was released in October.

Bottom line,buy your phone sim free (new or 2nd hand) & go with prepay or a 30 day rolling contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

why sim free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

why sim free?

Because its not tied to a specific network then and you can move to a new network whenever you want so you can take advantage of the best deals.

Buying sim free new is expensive to begin with but in the end it is the best value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Handy for international travel too you can buy a local sim and save on roaming costs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Unless your planning on leaving te county I would not buy new sim free 4S.
    Can't believe people think they are saving money on pay as you go with a smart phone.
    Have a look here for a price break down
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75183372

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Unless your planning on leaving te county I would not buy new sim free 4S.
    Can't believe people think they are saving money on pay as you go with a smart phone.
    Have a look here for a price break down
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75183372

I did a price breakdown for meteor and iPhone 4S sim-free. It works out cheaper for me to buy sim-free than to buy bill pay. Could be different for other people, this is just my case. So yes you should believe that people can save money on pay as you go.

Out of this i also get the bonus of owning my phone (my friend was told that he was 'leasing' his phone and unable to get normal consumer rights) and being able to pop in local sim cards when i go abroad. Saves me a lot of money when i go to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lackagh1970

I took out the 24 month contract with three for 40 euro a month with all you can eat data and got the iphone 4s for 79 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I took out the 24 month contract with three for 40 euro a month with all you can eat data and got the iphone 4s for 79 euro

I'm not a fan of three but i do know you can buy an iPhone off meteor for 300 euro with a 18 month €30 p/m contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Would a man have problems buying a sim free 4s when in NYC and trying to use in Ireland with an Irish sim?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Would a man have problems buying a sim free 4s when in NYC and trying to use in Ireland with an Irish sim?

Nope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement