Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

will a car with odd tail-lights pass the NCT?.... Hopefully :)

Options
  • 15-01-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Trying to get my car back on the road for college in February. Trying to do it for as cheap as I can.... the car has Lexus lights but one is cracked so I only want to buy one out of the scrap yard in Dun Laoighaire, will I get away with it????? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

No. Saw a car fail before for that exact reason. One standard light and one lexis style light fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No, they'll get you on them not being symmetrical or unequal brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No, they'll get you on them not being symmetrical or unequal brightness.

+1

Section 27 Rear Lamps

Method of Testing

1. Check that two lamps are fitted symmetrically to the rear of the vehicle.
    2. Check that, when in use, each rear lamp provides a red light which is clearly visible.

Reasons for Failure

1 Not working or faulty.
    2 Missing or not clearly visible.
    3 Not red in colour.
    4 Lens broken (crack separated or white light showing) or missing.
    5 Not of the same dimensions and intensity.
    6 Insecurely mounted.
    7 Not fitted symmetrically.
    8 Contains water / moisture

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jimmy Savel

well lads i was gonna go down with the car that way next week so thanks to all for the replies, you's saved me 60 quid!

• Advertisement
Advertisement