Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story with restaurants?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm going to stay in Dublin in mid February for a few days. It'll be mid week. I'd like to have dinner somewhere nice like Chapter One or Bon Appetit etc. I'm just wondering how far in advance would I need to book a place like that? And what kind of dress code would be expected? Thanks in advance :) I don't want to make a tit of myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

With both those restaurants I'd suggest booking asap. As for dress code 'smart casual' is fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mid-week shouldn't be as bad as the weekend in terms of ease of getting a booking - with the obvious exception of the 14th February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭hbert

Its not Valentines anyways! Thanks alot. Would jeans be acceptable for a man? Decent ones... It'll be a surprise so will be sneaking his clothes with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Jeans, shirt, shoes, jacket would be fine. Anything more cas you might feel a little awkward. Go for the pre-theatre in Chapter One if you can get a booking, great place, great prices! Enjoy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bon Appetit has online booking, which is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Hi, coming up to Dublin for the weekend, wondering if anyone has a recommendation for somewhere casual for dinner before a concert in the 02 on Friday night and then somewhere nice for Saturday night - thinking Roly's style in town if possible i.e. great food and good size portions important. Thanks.

Also, where can we go for atmosphere pubs-wise in Dublin other than Temple Bar? Friday and Saturday night? Thanks. Went to Cafe en Seine and Samsara last time we were up and it was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

they really don't care what you wear. wear what you feel comfortable in.

The price of the food is high enough without dictating your choice of ensemble for the evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

The Green Hen on Exchequer st is very good as is Pichet which is about 5mins away from it also
    Kalinda wrote: »
    Hi, coming up to Dublin for the weekend, wondering if anyone has a recommendation for somewhere casual for dinner before a concert in the 02 on Friday night and then somewhere nice for Saturday night - thinking Roly's style in town if possible i.e. great food and good size portions important. Thanks.

Also, where can we go for atmosphere pubs-wise in Dublin other than Temple Bar? Friday and Saturday night? Thanks. Went to Cafe en Seine and Samsara last time we were up and it was dead.

Advertisement