Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly things you were told you'd go to hell for

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

doomed wrote: »
    Generally masturbation. However that would have ensured meeting up with the staff again in the afterlife.
    And yet, what do the stats say? Christians on dating site OKCupid appear to have little difficulty committing the sin of Onan:

NeverMasturbated.png
    (from OKTrends)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Owl Tickler

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    We were told by the nun instructing us for the communion that biting the host was the same as biting baby Jesus

Yeah, that's a definite no-no. My priest always used to say that too: "Don't bite it - suck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    We were told by the nun instructing us for the communion that biting the host was the same as biting baby Jesus and we would go to Hell for that. As if that wasn't bad enough - she added that we would know we were going to hell for biting baby Jesus as our teeth would fall out. Some of my classmates had nightmares for months about that!

I went home and asked Me Nan - I'm from Cork like- (devout Catholic but still in my eyes the font of all wisdom) why my teeth were falling out - she told me it was because I was 6 and I was getting grown up teeth, and that happens to everyone - she informed me it had nothing to do with baby Jesus... I decided at that point that this religion thing was far too fond of terrifying children.

Me Nan also stormed into the school and tore into the nun...
    I miss Me Nan.

One of the most heart warming posts here on boards.
    I bet those over in the Christianity forum would never believe we were capable of such, but alas, we have morals, without religion.

Some of us were lucky enough to have never been anywhere near a nun. My wife on the other hand was beaten by a nun in her school in Cabra west. Her school skirt was knee height, her mother couldn't afford a new longer skirt. She was only a child ffs. Nuns can be very angry things.

My Dad (church going christian that he is) used to joke that the nuns are worse than the nazis. "They're around longer, and still going".
    He will praise them at times too.

Advertisement