Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do for free (or cheap) in the evenings

Options
  • 15-01-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm living in Ranelagh and don't particularly like spending my evenings in front of the telly, or just sitting around the house. As I'm a poor student (cue much sympathy :D), I don't exactly have the funds to be going out either. So just wondering if anyone has any ideas for free (or very cheap) evening activities in Dublin city. I'm kinda crocked at the moment so most sports are out, and I can't make a full commitment to anything because of college demands, so really looking for casual events or activities. Everything and anything considered!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pandabrian

There are tons of student societies, not all sports that cater for people's interests...there are also clubs for every conceivable hobby..I'm sure you will find something to suit your needs/pocket..good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

pandabrian wrote: »
    There are tons of student societies, not all sports that cater for people's interests...there are also clubs for every conceivable hobby..I'm sure you will find something to suit your needs/pocket..good luck!:)
    Name a few there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Check out the Exchange in Temple Bar - lots of stuff on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

Every Sunday and Monday there's a free comedy night* on in The Stag's Head, from around 9pm.

They also hand out free ice-cream, which might be another benefit :pac:

*= If you enjoyed the night, then you can leave a few euro or whatever you'd like to donate at the end of the gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Story Telling in Temple Bar - Milk & Cookies Stories
    List of galleries/exhibitions/arty events on Visual Artists Ireland
    Bit of a trek, but lots of stuff on in Seomra Spraoi on Parnell Sq. incl Vegan cafés a couple of nights a week where you just make a donation towards food

• Advertisement
Advertisement