Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus to UCD and the leap card

Options
  • 15-01-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

So this isn't technically a UCD issue but I thought somebody on here might have an idea because they might be in the same boat. I haven't been in Dublin since the exams ended and when I'm there I take two buses in and two buses out to UCD. I know the leap card is coming into play and I've looked it up, but until they roll it out completely (apparently it isn't now) having one seems like a complete and utter waste for me. Does anyone know for certain if dublin bus ramblers are still available? And if they are how long they're going to be available?? Without a rambler I spend the guts of eight euro on buses a day and the leap fare doesn't seem substantially cheaper than regular fare. The way I understand it they plan on putting rambler tickets on the card but haven't yet. The normal rambler is the difference between 16.50 and the guts of 40 euro a week for me so can anyone tell me if they're still there? :eek::(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes, the student ramblers are still available (as are all the prepaid tickets, including Travel 90). I think I saw rumours somewhere on boards that they'll be going up in price in February (although other posters say not until Mid 2012), but you can always buy a few of them at once if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yes, the student ramblers are still available (as are all the prepaid tickets, including Travel 90). I think I saw rumours somewhere on boards that they'll be going up in price in February (although other posters say not until Mid 2012), but you can always buy a few of them at once if you want!

That would be s***, there's already been two price increases on pre-paid tickets in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The Leap fares are a 5c increase on last years. But the cash fares have jumped 20c in some cases. The Leap card is definitely worth it, and I'd echo the other posted, buy two ramblers to get the most saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Weekly student bus ticket for 16.50?

I got one last week. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Student-Tickets/

Advertisement